Baymule’s Farm

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tested positive for Covid yesterday. On the way to pick up the granddaughters, I stopped in Huntsville at CVS drugstore for a test kit. I had a sore throat, runny nose and low fever. My sister has health problems so I’m real careful around her. I took the test and was dismayed to watch the lines show up that said positive.

So I called my daughter and canceled the girls visit. I felt bad because she was on her way too. I called my sister and told her. I’ve canceled Thanksgiving, a real disappointment because I was so looking forward to having family and friends here.

This feels like a cruddy cold. I’m sick, but not laid low. If it hadn’t been for going to my sister’s house, I would have thought I just had a bad cold. So I’ve been watching TV, not doing much. Phooey.

Sunset is in 30 minutes, guess I’ll go feed sheep and put them up for the night.
Your symptoms sound like mine in July. Dang, never a good time to be sick but this is so disappointing. Give it a few weeks and see if you can reschedule everyone for a late Thanksgiving or at least have them all over for Christmas. Send lots of g-hugs and healing thoughts. Be well soon.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you tested positive. Get plenty of rest if you can and get ready for Christmas.

I'm just getting over it. Got it while traveling abroad. Been sleeping for 9 hours and still need a nap. I'm working tomorrow for a few hours packing a start up item. I also have my first workout scheduled. Coach is easing me in but still. Hope I can get those 2 things done and then I can crash.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay', our plans were smaller but we are facing the same thing with Thanksgiving.

DD was sick last week with covid. She has reported that she is feeling better and sent us a couple of pictures of her dogs. That's getting back to normal for her.

DS is out of the US ...

So, it will be a quiet turkey day. Doing the best we can - there is nothing wrong with that :hugs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son is coming in Tuesday night when he gets off work, probably be in around 3 AM. His truck is due for inspection and license tags, so he’s got to get that done on Wednesday. He said he’d pick up BBQ and tater salad for our Thanksgiving. :lol: He had Covid in 2019 before it was officially here. Doctor didn’t know what it was, other than a virus. He was in the bed for almost 6 weeks, getting up about every 3-4 days to go to town for something to eat, then back to bed. Then he was weak for a couple of months after that. Later we figured out what it was. He got it again from me, when BJ and I both were so sick and BJ passed away. But that time it was like a bad cold, his immune system fought it off. Hopefully I won’t be contagious by the time he gets hers, I’m not running fever now.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you tested positive. Get plenty of rest if you can and get ready for Christmas.

I'm just getting over it. Got it while traveling abroad. Been sleeping for 9 hours and still need a nap. I'm working tomorrow for a few hours packing a start up item. I also have my first workout scheduled. Coach is easing me in but still. Hope I can get those 2 things done and then I can crash.

Mary

arg! hope you all feel better soon! :( no fun being sick.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s only 50F but it’s drizzling rain which makes it feel colder. The sheep and dogs are in their huts. The sheep came off the field and went to shelter. Sheba and Sentry did too. Sometimes the drizzle doesn’t seem to bother them, other times it does.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucy was at the fence flirting with Ringo. I just weaned Uno off her a week ago and there she was, swooning over her chosen baby daddy. The 2 old lovers were nuzzling each other through the cow panel partition, so I turned Lucy in with Ringo. He has 4 in his harem now. 1 is due in January and 3 are due in April.

I was trying to stick to some kind of a breeding schedule, but moving the sheep twice has thrown that off kilter. At this point, anything that produces lambs is ok with me.

Latest posts