Baymule's 2015 Garden From Raw Land

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't believe she is almost 2 months. Seems like yesterday that you told us she was born.

I love the look of that clean bed! It sure is big, can't wait to see how your new garden does.

Mary

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Room to plant whatever you want and a new little one to cuddle whenever you want, what could be better than that!? ... and thank goodness for tractors and chainsaws! :th

Happy for you @baymule, now hurry up, I'm waiting for that tomato photo. :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday and today I put plastic barrier mesh fence around the garden to keep the big dog feet out. It took five fifty foot rolls. I kept getting distracted by the glitter of glass shards. I just can't NOT pick them up! In two days, got half of a four gallon bucket.

I planted Barnes Yellow Mountain tomato plants today, sixteen of them. Also planted eighteen German Johnson tomato plants and got my Violet's Multicolored butterbeans planted with two T-posts pounded at each end to run hay twine for the vines.

DH bush hogged part of the fence line that we'll put up next. We'll have to chainsaw our way in to get to the rest of it. Then he cut up a downed oak tree into fireplace lengths for our DD's family and I stacked them in the truck.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's gotta be something I can make with all those shards of glass! We are dealing with an old household dump site. Cans, lots of canning jar pieces, milk glass, blue cobalt and the ever present brown beer bottle. I thought about coating a bird bath, but the contours of the glass would make it lumpy. LOL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's gotta be something I can make with all those shards of glass! We are dealing with an old household dump site. Cans, lots of canning jar pieces, milk glass, blue cobalt and the ever present brown beer bottle. I thought about coating a bird bath, but the contours of the glass would make it lumpy. LOL
Lumpy is O.K. traction for wet birdie feet!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did I mention the old car parts? Have found a Hood latch, throttle cable, various sheet metal, a chrome piece with Dixie on it and other pieces of rusted yesterday. Rumor is, a white family lived here many years ago, probably the same family's trash pile we're plundering, and they moved suddenly. The rumor part is that they buried a 1948 or 1949 Studebaker about in front of the garden, by the road. Funny, huh?

Latest posts