Baymule's 2015 Garden From Raw Land

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe some decorative stepping stones or garden markers with the colored glass pieces?
This would be a good time to get a goat or three, Bay. They are wonderful brush and briar clearers.
Your beautiful grand daughter is every bit as pretty as my two new ones are!
Lots of wonderful new things in your life right now. You deserve it!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's all looking great Bay! Congrats on your new granddaughter! Next month my grandson turns one. Can't wait to see veggies growing in you garden.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Either have to haul it off bag by bag in the garbage or dig a big ol' hole with the tractor and shove it in. My grandpa had a collection of junk and we had a heck of a time cleaning up my dad's farm. Don't want your horses running any obstacle courses. :p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky I have reserved two wethers from my vet. We have to clear fence line and put up horse wire. It will be about 900' of fence for this stretch. Lots of briars and trees to go through, then bring on the goats! I'm using them to train the puppy before I get my sheep.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Man in NJ buried his car in back yard then reported it stolen for insurance money. One of his neighbors ratted him out. Do you have a recycling plant near by, they take broken glass.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Man in NJ buried his car in back yard then reported it stolen for insurance money. One of his neighbors ratted him out. Do you have a recycling plant near by, they take broken glass.
NOT in our neighborhood ! Costs too much to reprocess. :hu

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We worked feverishly in the garden yesterday, trying to finish most of the planting before the rains came. DH did a burn pile, more bush hogging and dug me a long pit for a hugelculture bed. He pushed a couple of rotten tree trunks in it. It is waiting on me and a bunch of horse poop now. LOL

I planted tomato plants, San Marzanos, German Johnson, Cherokee Purple, Mortgage Lifter, Riesentraube, and Tommy Toes. Squash seed: White Lebanese, yellow crooknecks, spaghetti, already had planted zucchini and it's coming up. Planted Bowling Red okra, Samara melon from Iraq (Baker Creek ) Violet's Multicolored Butterbeans, Calico peas, lemon balm plants and hyssop plants.

I started at 8AM and quit at 5PM. Supper was grilled cheese sandwiches and potato chips.

We put in a good day, got the planting done and the rains came just as we finished.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you did good, perfect timing. I sure wish I could see pictures of all you're doing. But I guess I will just have to be patient. When do you think you'll have service?

Mary