Baymule's 2015 Garden From Raw Land

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, there is 2/3 acre with wildlife and where you just show up to enjoy that and the quiet and all you do is loaf!

Imagining a cabin in that setting and dozing off ...

:)

Steve
Haha, that's pretty much it Steve. Now, that our daughter and family is into hiking, I guess my husband and I better start looking for our hiking boots. I personally prefer just to read out on the deck or go up to Alpine Lake and do it there. ;)

Mary

Devonviolet

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@so lucky I have reserved two wethers from my vet. We have to clear fence line and put up horse wire. It will be about 900' of fence for this stretch. Lots of briars and trees to go through, then bring on the goats! I'm using them to train the puppy before I get my sheep.
Let the goats clear the briar. That's their specialty. :celebrate

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you will need a herd of them. Lot of acres of briars and brush. It's not like they aren't going to grow back.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet that's our plans, but we still have to hack through the briar walls to get the fence up. LOL

@seedcorn we plan on a flock of Dorper sheep, the goats are training tools, hopefully to avert damage to the sheep. Puppies get sudden attacks of stupid. Haha

@thistlebloom I would be terribly disappointed if seedcorn dropped his crap and was nice to me. LOL

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
There's gotta be something I can make with all those shards of glass! We are dealing with an old household dump site. Cans, lots of canning jar pieces, milk glass, blue cobalt and the ever present brown beer bottle. I thought about coating a bird bath, but the contours of the glass would make it lumpy. LOL

I was scouring the internet this morning for a glass project (we had a bunch of glassware get broken this last move and I've been hanging onto it for for no reason) to do with my kids. What I found was suncatchers. Any type of glass works. You need a few old plastic lids (any shape or size) and clear elmers glue. Coat the lids with glue then place the glass however. Let dry for 3 days take out of lid and hang.
When and if you ever get any free time (maybe a rainy day). :)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey bay... according to all of the designers, for this year, the latest rage is ... orange is the new black ! :ep

Latest posts