Baymule's 2016 Garden

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love your garden spot. It's nice & big! Your way ahead of me on planting. I got my okra & green beans in today.

I like that motion activated water animal you posted. Looks like it might work pretty good. Hope you find a solution to your crow problem. Sometimes they can be a real pain.

We've got thunderstorms rolling in now. Next week looks like a wash out. Hope we don't get as much as they forecast.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @henless! But it's filling up fast! Yay. More rain, that's just what we need! NOT!

Next time you come to Tyler, PM me a couple days ahead and we'll meet up for lunch or something!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We haven't gotten any yet, just lots of thunder.

I will definitely do that. :) I'm not scheduled to go back to my Rheumatologist until the Fall. At my last visit, they didn't reschedule me until 9 months. Which is good, I guess. It's usually every 3 months that I go in to see them. I don't know if I like going that long without any blood work, but we'll see how it goes. I'll message you when it gets closer and hopefully we can meet up.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I picked FOUR YELLOW SQUASH this morning!!!! :weee:weee

Which happens to be four more than I picked last year.

The yellow squash has huge, healthy vines and they are loaded with tiny baby squash and blooms. I am so excited! The zucchini and golden patty pan squash are still little plants and probably won't do squat. :\

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I made squash fritters. I shredded 3 squash using my Mom's old Salad Master hand crank grater. I chopped half an onion, mixed in an egg, 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper. I dropped blobs in hot oil and they promptly separated, but enough stayed together to make a decent patty. I need to tweak the recipe, starting with squeezing the excess water out of the squash. They were delicious!

I picked 3 more and made fried squash. I cooked one for lunch and our 16 month old grand daughter ate most of it. I fried the other two for our supper. We are delighted with produce from the garden. Grow it. Pick it. Take it in the house and cook it. Eat it. Yum!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule add some old bay seasoning to a quash patties. & I can't get my seeds to germinate in this dry spell.

Latest posts