Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our local TV weather forecasters have a ball when extreme weather is predicted. They practically fall all over themselves trying to assure us they will be right there to tell us how bad it is getting. :rolleyes: Scare tactics are not beneath them, it seems.
But what's a weatherman got to live for, if not for weather, eh?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
no snow this morning so my trip in for the interview wasn't all that eventful. i can't believe there is still a ton of construction going on the highway though, guess they want to get as much done before the snow really starts flying in the next month. :p

well, being a Northerner you would think, now that i outright own a house, i would have a generator for those occasional days (weeks) we could be without power. it will be one of my goals for this year to have one just in case something ever happens. when we switched over the very old glass fuse panel to the new circuit breaker box, we got the more expensive one that you could connect a generator in and it wouldn't overload the panel when the power comes back on.

well, time to run out to the wood pile and grab another load for the fireplace! it's another blustery cold day here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Our local TV weather forecasters . . . But what's a weatherman got to live for, if not for weather, eh?
I believe that they are confused enough to believe that being a weatherman is a portrait when it is rather, a landscape.

Steve
Let the world change you and you can change the world. Revolution!

:D

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that's plenty cold enough for me! If you're lucky, you won't have any bitter winds to go along with it. :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you think the world is a really, really BIG place? Well, it is but watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UNule_DgFs[/youtube]

First of all, you can see that "ball" of destruction rolling over the Philippines. Later, it crashes into China and moves up the coast. Then, see how it gets sucked right back into the Pacific??! Now, where is it going?

It is still too early to say if some of that storm will show up in Western Montana, the WS people tell us, but . . . it may. Will the Super Typhoon just contribute to a little Rocky Mountain snowfall? Maybe . . .

And maybe, we thought that terrible storm was half a world away :/.

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OK, i'm not crazy, they are changing the forecast all over the place!!! Now it says sunday low of 10, monday low of 7!!

That's a cool video Steve! Will be interesting to watch it iver the next several days. No wonder i have a winter storm warning Fri. Pm through Sun. Am!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've had lows in the 20's the past couple of days. Today's high was only 38. I just need Saturday to be decent so I can finish off these meat chickens. So far they're calling for a high of 63, low of 48. :fl

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
spent the last week at the conover store freezing no heat in the building highs upper 40s to low 50s and the lows mid 20s
started to install new lighting every time i would dig around in a junction box i would get shocked after the 4th time, i had enough went to lowes and purchased a grounding rod and some 10ga wire
after putting that in .....how about that no more shocks.
put in call last week to have a engineer from the power company to come out, we have to upgrade the service there from single phase to 3 phase 400 amp service, the engineer showed up wednesday and while he was there he looked at the breaker box and saw the ground that i put in he asked do you get tired of getting shocked we both had a good laugh over that...
as old as this building is and looking at the wiring decided for safety reasons to remove all the old wiring and pull all new and replaced every receptacle and light switch.

needless to say that was one cold week have not been that cold in awhile my feet were like ice cubes all day. looked at the weather for next week on the way home and they are calling for the same bone chilling temps.
next week going to start hanging pipe for the air lines, cold building, cold metal=

definitely going to bring mr heater next week !!!!!!

and of course this morning at the house its 50 at 7;30 am thats my type of morning... no bundling up :weee real coffee not that stuff they try to pass off at the hotel, speaking of coffee the dogs are staring at me guess it'a time for our morning walk.....

stay warm......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major', temperatures aren't so much different here than in your workplace - just a little shorter thermometer. Lots of wind and I see there's just a tiny bit of slush outside. The WS reports quite a lot of snow to the north & especially off in Heather's direction. It looks like their idea for very cold temperatures after this all blows thru won't happen. Tomorrow morning, however, will be an awfully good morning to stay off the roads!

I only had a little experience with the outdoors yesterday. Had to take the pickup to the garage and walk home. Well, I didn't really have to walk home but, you know how us old guys are . . . 1.3 miles - should have brought the heart monitor. It is something I really need to start doing even if I have to wear my long-johns but I could do without quite so much up-hill and into the wind!

High y'day of 37f with an overnight low of 35f and already back to 37. Just too much air movement for it to be colder at this elevation.

I noticed that there is 8" of snow at Tensed and the power is out. Collector should report in about his weather but I have a feeling that if there's no electric at Tensed, there's none at his house either. (Always liked that name, "Tensed" :p.) I hope they are tensed for the electricity to come back on but that when it does, it's no shock!

Hey, the previous owner of this house was a guy involved in the earliest days of "telecommunication" in this part of the world! Yeah! I just learned that and made a trip to the library to look at a book he wrote about it! Radio . . .

Anyway, evidence of his 50 year residence here can easily be found. One thing he did was ground every water pipe going anywhere. I can still remember being a young homeowner and getting shocked about every third time I turned on a faucet in that other house! I had no idea then why that was happening.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not too cold here, about 35, but 6" of heavy wet snow on the ground and coming down like wet cornflakes when I trundled out to take care of the animals.

Lots of broken limbs too, the snow isn't sliding off the trees yet. Kid #2 made it home safe from work. Looks like tonight will be a repeat with lots of snowfall and low visibility. :/

Latest posts