Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve ... well then, you can thank the powers that be that the water lines were NOT connected to the outhouse . :rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Well Bob, back on the farm . . .

This was after Dad hooked up a compressor to a milking machine so that once you got the cows in their stanchions, there wasn't much to do compared to the old days of milking by hand.

A feed room was just off the "parlor" and we kept not only a few bags of feed in there but a couple bales of hay to give the cows something to do during the milking. It had a floor but was nicely cushioned with loose hay and I thought it might be a convenient place to relieve myself while waiting for the machines to do the work. Had forgotten about the fence charger above my head and the ground wire that ran down in the corner . . . !!

Now, I can be a fast learner - I mean, there was another door right out into the corral. No reason to make a stop in the corner of the feed room :rolleyes:.

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's getting cold here, too. Yesterday it was a balmy 15 degrees, today was a little warmer due to the lack of wind. I think that this year will be the only one where Texas gets snow before the Midwest does, I was surprised to hear that!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We DID get snow today!! Right here in southeast Texas!!Big fat wet flakes that fell and melted when they hit the ground. But it was snow! Forecast is low 30's and high 20's for the next several nights. Great, we'll have frozen roads and idiots having wrecks. It has rained and rained and rained and rained. Tired of rain. :tongue

I have the heater on in my redneck greenhouse. Tomatoes and bell peppers are toasty warm. :coolsun

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll be, snow in southeast texas but not even one flake yet up on 6,700 foot high Hull Mountain.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am not making this up, it is getting EVEN COLDER here! Today is an inversion - freezing fog with a dark gray ceiling of clouds anywhere from 20 to 100 feet above the ground. BLAH. I hate gray. Next week, our lows are supposed to be in the negatives. Monday -6!!! Bundle up everyone!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=59912

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heather, it stinks here!

Not so cold (23f) - we will have rain this weekend and finish off with snow. That should really help our air. It was so foggy earlier this morning that I bet I couldn't see 2 blocks.

I have just learned that the sensing machine hit 121 the other night at 1:30am. That is very "orange" & getting too close to the 150 mark where the air quality graph hits "red." There is no color beyond that.

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
baymule said:
We DID get snow today!! Right here in southeast Texas!!Big fat wet flakes that fell and melted when they hit the ground. But it was snow! Forecast is low 30's and high 20's for the next several nights. Great, we'll have frozen roads and idiots having wrecks. It has rained and rained and rained and rained. Tired of rain. :tongue

I have the heater on in my redneck greenhouse. Tomatoes and bell peppers are toasty warm. :coolsun
Are there more scorpions/ spiders in your house than usual? We are infested with house flys/ asian ladybugs/ earwigs all trying to avoid the cold. I actually had an earwig on my hand when I was typing that. Stupid bug. :tongue

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's pretty cold here (25 F). Carrying water back to the critters is really becoming a pain in the hindquarters. We've accumulated so many ducks and geese that as soon as you fill the troughs up, there's a big goose butt splashing half of the water out! Eight buckets need to be carried all of the way back to the duck-yard each time somebody gos back. We really need more watering troughs, or just a pond. Luckily the water hasn't been freezing over too much today.

Latest posts