Buford T. Justice Baymule’s LGD

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buford has advanced in his training. He now is a full fledged idiot adolescent in what is fondly called “stupid teenaged phase”. He has figured out that my yelling at him from the porch is ineffective. He shows great promise as a mathematician, using advanced algebra, calculating the speed of an old lady coming off the porch, distance of crossing the driveway and field before catching him, so he can get a few more chases in before I get there.

Ahhh…. but this old lady has a few tricks in her pocket… the previous owners had Black Mouth Cur dogs. Cattle dogs extraordinaire. They left behind a concrete floored chain link kennel. Perfect for a misbehaving PIA.

I’m tired of Buford’s shenanigans and stupid behavior. He gets put up at night now. This gives me a few moments of peace, able to drink my coffee as dawn breaks, and not looking outside to see Buford pushing the sheep in circles in the night pen.

BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

View attachment 56197
Puppy Prison/solitary confinement.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m am kicking myself. I am mad at myself. I thought I could keep an eye on Buford. Indeed, every time I checked on him, he was under the shade tree with Sentry and Sheba. On one of my “checks” I didn’t see Dandelion. I found her-played with to death. I put Buford in his pen, got the dead lamb, tossed her on him, screamed, yelled and made a lot of noise.
I called Eric, a friend that has raised Anatolians for 50 years, and my response was exactly what he said. I told him it was all my fault, I knew he wanted to play with her, but have kept an eye on him before. Dandelion is dead, my mistake, I own it. Eric was glad to hear me say that, instead of blaming the dog. I asked where to go from here. Eric said no turn out with lambs, he may “play” with the next smallest and weakest. I’ll have to double down on intensive training. I have 8 ewes due soon, Buford’s pen is next to the ewes. Eric said to let him in with the newborns, if he so much as looks at one, correct loudly. Every. Day. So as long as I have lambs, Buford will get training.

I’m sick about Dandelion. My fault. The little granddaughters and I had a funeral, burying her in a corner of the small front yard. I told them what happened and used it as an example of stepping up, admitting my mistake and taking responsibility for it.

I messed up, Buford messed up. Intense training on the way. This is the only dead lamb. Period. Look out Buford. Mom is gonna be on you like stink on poop.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m am kicking myself. I am mad at myself. I thought I could keep an eye on Buford. Indeed, every time I checked on him, he was under the shade tree with Sentry and Sheba. On one of my “checks” I didn’t see Dandelion. I found her-played with to death. I put Buford in his pen, got the dead lamb, tossed her on him, screamed, yelled and made a lot of noise.
I called Eric, a friend that has raised Anatolians for 50 years, and my response was exactly what he said. I told him it was all my fault, I knew he wanted to play with her, but have kept an eye on him before. Dandelion is dead, my mistake, I own it. Eric was glad to hear me say that, instead of blaming the dog. I asked where to go from here. Eric said no turn out with lambs, he may “play” with the next smallest and weakest. I’ll have to double down on intensive training. I have 8 ewes due soon, Buford’s pen is next to the ewes. Eric said to let him in with the newborns, if he so much as looks at one, correct loudly. Every. Day. So as long as I have lambs, Buford will get training.

I’m sick about Dandelion. My fault. The little granddaughters and I had a funeral, burying her in a corner of the small front yard. I told them what happened and used it as an example of stepping up, admitting my mistake and taking responsibility for it.

I messed up, Buford messed up. Intense training on the way. This is the only dead lamb. Period. Look out Buford. Mom is gonna be on you like stink on poop.
So sorry to hear about Dandelion. 😢Buford is smart. (Maybe too smart for his own good!) You've got this. He WILL learn.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anyone that has or had animals has done that. It’s so easy to trust and get burned. Animals will always be animals. Keep up the training as he will be worth it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
How to cool off when it’s 100 F degrees……

IMG_4515.jpeg

Latest posts