Buford T. Justice Baymule’s LGD

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Little granddaughters are here for the week. The youngest has a cheetah suit and loves to wear it. Because of the heat, I bring Sentry inside, he goes in a dog crate. I put Buford and Sheba in the front yard, they go under the porch where it is cool.

The youngest wanted to go out on the porch to pet Buford. Sure! Buford hopped up on the porch, happy to come see us. He took one look at her, stopped dead in his tracks, scared! Where was his little girl? This thing didn’t even have hands! It had PAWS! And a long TAIL! AACCKKKK! He jumped off the porch, barking at this strange creature that knew his name!

View attachment 60362

I had her stand still, take one hand out of the paw and called him to me. He carefully sniffed the paws, giving them a good going over. He sniffed her all over. I held the tail out and he sniffed it up and down. Finally satisfied that it was indeed his little girl, he relaxed and she could pet and hug him. It was so funny!
That is way too funny and she is totally off the top of the cuteness scale!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have finally had a few rains and cooler weather. The grass greened up enough to give the sheep limited grazing. Buford did not have sheep lessons for 2 months. I let them out for a couple of hours at a time. The ewe crew was so happy, they ran, bounced in the air and grazed.
Buford did not chase.
I’ve let them out on the field for longer periods and Buford has done great. A few times he tried to herd them together, they moved away and he followed. I called him down before it turned into a chase, other than that, he’s been darn near perfect!

He left the shade tree a while ago, went out among the flock and laid down. He stretched out to take a nap, the ewes grazed away, then grazed back towards him. It’s a peaceful scene.

Good boy Buford.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have finally had a few rains and cooler weather. The grass greened up enough to give the sheep limited grazing. Buford did not have sheep lessons for 2 months. I let them out for a couple of hours at a time. The ewe crew was so happy, they ran, bounced in the air and grazed.
Buford did not chase.
I’ve let them out on the field for longer periods and Buford has done great. A few times he tried to herd them together, they moved away and he followed. I called him down before it turned into a chase, other than that, he’s been darn near perfect!

He left the shade tree a while ago, went out among the flock and laid down. He stretched out to take a nap, the ewes grazed away, then grazed back towards him. It’s a peaceful scene.

Good boy Buford.

love that it is working out, seems to be that puppy is calming down but also that grown sheep are calmer for him and not as bouncy, tiny and chaseable as a lamb. glad you are still keeping an eye out...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buford’s serious face.

IMG_5176.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buford got lamb lessons today.

IMG_5469.jpeg

Granny was not pleased by a dog in the pen and she attacked Buford. He hid behind me.

IMG_5470.jpeg

Granny glared at Buford, daring him to even try to get close to her lamb.

IMG_5471.jpeg

Buford’s pleading eyes plainly said, “Mom! Get me outa here!”

IMG_5472.jpeg

Granny’s mean face told Buford, “Don’t even LOOK at my baby!”

IMG_5473.jpeg

Buford turned his face away from Granny.

IMG_5474.jpeg

Granny was very protective of her lamb. Buford hid behind me, and I eased him out of her pen. Boy, was he ever glad to get out of there!

Latest posts