BUNRABS!!! YAAAY!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If all goes well my own bunnies will be coming in tomorrow. A black doe and a spotted buck. They even have pedigreees. I wasn't expecting that since I don't do shows.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Congrats Hoodat! Can't wait to watch as your bunny farm takes off again! It's kind of exciting in my opinion to start from scratch. (no pun intended!)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thats very cool, and those lilacs are very easy on the eyes. Hoodat have you noticed that the pedigreed rabbits (or any show rabbits) have better temperments? I know you can breed for temperment I'm just wondering if its something you've noticed.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Awww... we have a mini Rex. Their fur is the BEST! :D

Hubby is talking about breeding him, so I gotta find him a girlfriend soon I guess. :/

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Exciting news! I was hoping you might get some of your original stock back from the fellows that took your rabbits? Looking forward to hearing your adventures in rabbit raising again!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
Thats very cool, and those lilacs are very easy on the eyes. Hoodat have you noticed that the pedigreed rabbits (or any show rabbits) have better temperments? I know you can breed for temperment I'm just wondering if its something you've noticed.
Breeders who show their rabbits almost have to breed for a docile temperament. Show rabbits have to be docile to put up with the posing and being handled by judges who are strangers to them. Raking a judges forearms is not a good show trait. :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thx Hoodat I'll definitely go to show lines then to get my daughter her pet rabbit. Color is immaterial, just want a good docile temperament.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would put mini-rex and holland lops at the head of the list to look over. They are both normally calm breeds that respond well to humans. The rex has that velvety fur and there is nothing cuter than a lop.

Latest posts