BUNRABS!!! YAAAY!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They have names now. They are Reuben and Rachel after that old song. (Reuben Reuben I been thinkin etc.)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would put mini-rex and holland lops at the head of the list to look over
Its funny you said that after doing some research those were the top 2 choices. It does make me feel good knowing that someone else agrees with us. I figured we'd talk to our daughter and see if she liked rabbits with ears up or ears down (pics on the net would do the job) then start looking at breeders from there. Thanks for the info.

Great names by the way, how old are your pair?

Are you going to tan the hides as well?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The doe was born Apil 23rd this year and the buck April 22nd (different litters) so I have some growing out to do before I can breed. I think the buck might be able to handle the job and there's no harm to the buck by breeding early but I have to wait a while for the doe to be ready. Kindling too young can be harmful to a doe. At any rate I have no older doe available yet to breed the buck to so that's a moot point. I don't want to bring in a strange rabbit and take a chance of bringing in a disease.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hoodat, do you think that in the future the people you rabbit sat for will give/sell you a lilac from that pair? I would definitely mention your interest in that.

A while back I asked how you are doing. Some of us like to hear alittle more details. Like, are you able to walk well without getting tired? How much gardening are you able to do? Can you sit on a bucket and do light weeding? Those sort of things without getting too personal. ;)

Mary

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Hoodat, do you think that in the future the people you rabbit sat for will give/sell you a lilac from that pair? I would definitely mention your interest in that.

A while back I asked how you are doing. Some of us like to hear alittle more details. Like, are you able to walk well without getting tired? How much gardening are you able to do? Can you sit on a bucket and do light weeding? Those sort of things without getting too personal. ;)

Mary
Those were a couple of real sweethearts. I'd love to have either one but they are already planned as part of a breeding program. Lilacs are hard to come by. You have to make several crossings to (hopefully) come up with one or two. Most of what you get are chocolates, which are beauties in their own right. Breeding a lilac to a lilac will not get you a brood of lilacs.
I'm fine, very satisfied with how my recovery is going. I replaced some facia board at the roofline the other day, up and down a ladder with 2X6 planks. I have most of my strength back but my endurance is still lagging. I usually have to take a nap in the middle of the day.
So far as the garden is concerned I can do about anything that is needed, including spading the beds, but I just have to take it one piece at a time.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so happy that you have recovered, so completely! Nothing wrong with a power nap! You truly are an inspiration to us all!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Hoodat, you can pretty much do almost everything. But, still take it easy and do what you have to do very slowy. Like climbing up that ladder! Now, I wished I hadn't asked. You scare me! :)

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like a nap and I'm a lot younger!
hoodat said:
ninnymary said:

Mary
Those were a couple of real sweethearts. I'd love to have either one but they are already planned as part of a breeding program. Lilacs are hard to come by. You have to make several crossings to (hopefully) come up with one or two. Most of what you get are chocolates, which are beauties in their own right. Breeding a lilac to a lilac will not get you a brood of lilacs.
I'm fine, very satisfied with how my recovery is going. I replaced some facia board at the roofline the other day, up and down a ladder with 2X6 planks. I have most of my strength back but my endurance is still lagging. I usually have to take a nap in the middle of the day.
So far as the garden is concerned I can do about anything that is needed, including spading the beds, but I just have to take it one piece at a time.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to get aggravated with my DH because he inherited the napping habit from his dad. After he retired he would nap every afternoon, and on weekends when I was off work, wanting to go somewhere or do something, the nap business would interfere with our (my) plans. Now that I am retired--or at least not working right now, I find a nap is just the ticket. Who wants to go outside when it is 100 degrees out? Who wants to clean house in the middle of the afternoon? Best stay inside and take a siesta. (insert snoozing smiley here)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I say "who wants to clean house???" I have gotten out of the habit of napping but, I find I get 2 days worth of energy in one day if I get in a nap.
so lucky said:
I used to get aggravated with my DH because he inherited the napping habit from his dad. After he retired he would nap every afternoon, and on weekends when I was off work, wanting to go somewhere or do something, the nap business would interfere with our (my) plans. Now that I am retired--or at least not working right now, I find a nap is just the ticket. Who wants to go outside when it is 100 degrees out? Who wants to clean house in the middle of the afternoon? Best stay inside and take a siesta. (insert snoozing smiley here)