Canesister's 2019 farm journal

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks @ninnymary !
It's easy to get discouraged when there's so much to do and I'm working by my self. :) I'll take all the encouragement I can get
Do the projects that will get done the quickest first. That way you will see progress and be motivated to keep going.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if a project seems too large break it into chunks as if you are a task oriented person like i am i get a lot of satisfaction from checking something off my mental ToDo list even if it isn't the whole project it just feels good to make progress...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You make me tired just reading about what you will be doing.
Sounds like MY winter!!! Today I need to finish fruit tree pruning.
I moved my large summer water trough away from the shelter bc it is always wet there in the winter, but I use a smaller, 30 gallon plastic trough there, and it's on top of an old rubber mat. When it is going to freeze solid I remove it, but it's good for turnout. Maybe that would help?
This one:
https://www.qcsupply.com/rubbermaid-50-gallon-stock-tank.html
is bigger than mine, but it looks a lot like it. Horses are a lot harder on outside stuff than other livestock bc everything turns into a toy!! I store my large stock tank on it's side to block the west wind for the chickens for the winter.
Looking foward to your calf pictures!!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH2019

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
glad to know i'm not the only one that brings a chicken in the house & puts them in the bathtub when one gets sick/injured. my DH thought i was crazy! i kept telling him it makes sense when you need to observe & keep them warm especially when it's the middle of winter. :p

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It makes PERFECT sense. It's not as confining as a little cage - and movement is helpful to healing.
And you can hang the game camera from the shower to see what they did all day..... ;)

.. and it's VERY entertaining to the inside cats

Latest posts