Chipmunks !!!!!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Quote: Mary
Is there something else I can put instead of sticky tar? I don't want a bad smell and I don't think I can find it around here.

I'm thinking~

How about a Aluminum Foo Foo skirt, pointed down, Like we put on metal chimneys for rain, the rat can climb up Just so far~and then~

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
A party at Gussy's house, Guy Nadue, not sure the spelling, her husband was Air Force, there was some drinking, one fellow passed out, we carried him into some walls before we found the guest room. I woke after noon. When asked how was what's his face was~ Oh he flew a plane out of here to Viet Nam hours ago~No he didn't~I said, they may have carried him onto a plane that flew to Nam but he didn't fly it!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe but, it's been a while. Didn't go to town much~but when I did 15-20 cents was nothing, Na, I was in Base Housing with friends. When on the Hwy I would be passing through, to Saint Vartan's in Oakland, in Fairfield I would be at Travis.

I just reread your post and saw the Link, thanks~Sad, we/they just drift away~there's been a lot of that lately~

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
http://www.justonebitebrand.com/

upload_2017-4-11_19-53-30.png

This stuff works good on mice and rats. Don't know why it wouldn't work on chipmunks too.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The active ingredient in that poison is bromethalin. Most rodent poisons require multiple feedings to kill, but as the name implies, that stuff can kill after one feeding though it still may take a few days for the rodent to die. I don't know if chipmunks will eat that or not, but if they do it should be very effective.

Whether or not that stuff will harm your dogs or cats depends on the weight of the animal and how much they ingest. It doesn't take a lot of that stuff compared to some other poisons and cats are supposed to more sensitive to it than dogs. If you use it, keep it where non-target animals and kids can't get to it.

From what I read, it is unlikely but possible for cats, dogs, or other animals to get secondary poisoned. That means the might have problems if they eat the dead rodents. Since rats can eat more than mice, the worst case is when several rats die above ground where the animal can find them and eat enough of them to get a bad dosage.

California has banned the sale of products containing bromethalin directly to consumers, but licensed exterminators can still get it. I don’t know where else it may be banned. California’s concern wasn’t just pets and kids but that some wild animals were getting poisoned, such as owls, bobcats, and at least in one case a mountain lion.

I don’t recall seeing that stuff on the shelf here either. I don’t know if it is banned here or they just don’t stock it.

Latest posts