Coffee Substitutes

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder about this:

Puroast, low-acid coffee

Kava instant has potassium added to neutralize acid. Puroast's website says that their roasting is unique. At first, they didn't realize that there was any benefits regarding acidity but after testing at UCDavis, learned that their coffee had 70% less acid than others. (LINK - scroll to last paragraphs)

Wal-Mart looks like the only local source for me.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning on the morning talk show the 3 jocks featured a segment , regarding a study that the folks that drank their coffe black and strong / bitter taste showed some mental issues and / or tendencies. So, the black coffee drinkers were asked to call in and they ( the ones that I heard before I had to stop and get out of my car ) disputed the findings of the study. Of course they would

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning on the morning talk show the 3 jocks featured a segment , regarding a study that the folks that drank their coffe black and strong / bitter taste showed some mental issues and / or tendencies. So, the black coffee drinkers were asked to call in and they ( the ones that I heard before I had to stop and get out of my car ) disputed the findings of the study. Of course they would

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
All I did was click on the post reply button and this is what I got... sorry !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
some mental issues and / or tendencies.
some mental issues and / or tendencies.
How about if they have no special preferences and appreciate coffee flavors much like other flavors and in combinations and in isolation?

Strong is best but I seldom take a pinch right outta the bag, using hot water in a dilution
012.gif

Steve