Coffee

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fen got me up at 5:30 this morning. But he spent his time cuddling instead of bartering which I appreciated.
I made some comfrey extract to try and TheMan is pretty sure it’s alleviating a lot of his pain. Mine is better too, but it’s hard to credit anything with all the medication I’m on.
Anyway he was so happy with it yesterday, he had me put it on both knees, his hip, and his shoulder. Then he went out to feed and said everything was good but his hip and he hadn’t taken a pain pill yet. We’ll see.
The garden is SLOW. It’s been rainy and gloomy until today and that = pain but it’s sunny and beautiful out and I am gonna get some stuff done!
IMG_4158.jpeg

Fen customized his bandana. Hopefully he’s leaving his life of crime for a career in fashion.

One my second cup. Anyone wants a mug, shout out, I have a Keurig.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Been up since 3:40 AM. Got a load of laundry going, oiled my new boots and did some straightening up. I’ve been wearing rubber boots all winter, they are so comfortable! But it’s getting hot and I needed leather boots. I bought a brand new pair, not tight fitting, so I can kick them off in the utility room and not track dirt all over the house. It really rubs me wrong to use brand new boots out on the farm, but so be it.
Going to graze the ewe crew again this morning in the yard. A friend is picking me up at 12 to take me to the body shop to get my truck. It’s been 2 weeks! I can’t wait to see it and have my truck back.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 3:30 again. Waiting on daylight so I can let the ewe crew graze the yard. We are under extreme heat advisory, it’s HOT , humid and miserable. I stay soaking wet, sweat drips off me like I just got out of a swimming pool, but there ain’t no pool. Maybe I should go get my 300 gallon metal livestock water tank and put it on the back porch. LOL it would have to be in the shade or it would be a boiling pot!

Got my truck back yesterday. It is so pretty! They even buffed and waxed the rest of the truck to match the new paint on the door, hood and top of the cab. I’m very happy.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Up at 3:30 also, @baymule . About normal. Pleased to have drifted off again at 1:30. Finishing the Cherrios banana and peach but, there's more.

Out to the garden for too-many-days this week! Can't be helped. Rain overnight amounted to next to nothing and it's too warm and breezy to get by on one sprinkler run through the week. Weeding alone won't help the veggies find enuf water ;).

Yeah, breezy. Can't do a good job with breezy but we do the-best-we-can.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is there something in our genetic makeup that has so many of us getting up before the sun rises? All of my grandparents were farmers or ranchers, and I am wondering if it might be in my DNA. It's not at all unusual for me to get up at 3:30am, like Baymule and digitS'. Today i put coffee on at 4:30am, feeling well rested after seven hours of sleep. I'm itching to get out in the garden once the dew dries up a bit.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am in some dimension far beyond mere exhaustion. Having interior work done on the house (3 interior doors replaced) which means I have to be up and awake by early morning every day, although thankfully the contractor is taking a few days off for personal reasons, so I've been able to catch up on sleep and the peace of having my house to myself for a bit.

My two old dogs who have a deep distrust of strangers (we live like recluses) and a definite idea how the house should look (minus construction tools and debris all over the floors, and furniture displaced) are stressed and confused. Cocoa has sought refuge in her little bed in a corner of the computer room while Mabel feels safer outdoors.
CocoaBed17Jun2023.JPG
MabelOutdoors.JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my sleep schedule has been all over the place recently so last night i finally got to bed at a decent time and slept through most of the night. waking up early isn't by choice but gotta go pee and then can sometimes crawl back in bed for a bit more.

now that it is getting back to hotter weather i can see a siesta being a nice thing to do. Mom normally does so this time of the day i'm usually accompanied by some snoring so after a while it kinda lures you into a nap... :)