Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trying to make up my mind about making a feed run this morning or this afternoon. I’m thinking this afternoon. I’ll let the ewe crew graze the yard this morning, put them up and go get feed. I can unload slowly, stop and cool off as needed.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Onto the herbal tea – it's 42°f (6°C) outdoors. I was out briefly. What has it been, 6+ weeks since we had the furnace on? Can't see a choice because tomorrow will be no warmer with clouds and rain.

What I found with sleep time was that, unless I was really tired and up late, I was still rising at about the same time. If the tiredness was from physical activity, I was likely a little sore and up early for that reason 🤷‍♂️ .

I felt that it might be best to have more than 5 hours of sleep and decided that I would try an 8PM bedtime. Read a little ... it was about this time that I began practicing some relaxation routines. We learn that there are all these muscles and nerves in the face. Consciously relax them. Muscles in neck and shoulders – relax. Arm is not quite where it has maximum comfort ... move it, relax ... That's about as far as I go ... and, I drift off to sleep.

Steve, on the border, in the moment 🛏️

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Feeling lazy this Sunday AM. Slept until 4 and that's is good. What I suspect was true for me was that I became habituated to being up early. Combine that with a thorough dislike for alarm clocks – who hasn't felt like throwing one across the room when a silly machine interrupts pleasant sleep?
I hate alarm clocks too! I would much prefer the dog come get me or the chickens wake me. When I was young I rode racehorses at a training track and had to be up by 3 to get there by 5:00. I always woke up in time without a clock.

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fen woke me up sweetly this morning. No contraband, although I am not allowed to wear socks or have a blanket over my feet. His rules. He pulled it off me, then put his toys on it and made himself comfy.

IMG_4246.jpeg

I git 13 tomato plants in yesterday and last night the temperature dropped considerably down to 40. Do they need a cover? We are 4 hr from town so I will have to figure something out

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I felt that it might be best to have more than 5 hours of sleep and decided that I would try an 8PM bedtime. Read a little ... it was about this time that I began practicing some relaxation routines. We learn that there are all these muscles and nerves in the face. Consciously relax them. Muscles in neck and shoulders – relax. Arm is not quite where it has maximum comfort ... move it, relax ... That's about as far as I go ... and, I drift off to sleep.

Steve, on the border, in the moment 🛏️

:) yes! relaxation exercises and Tai Chi were both very helpful for me to learn how to get through anxiety attacks and get to sleep. as far as staying asleep longer sometimes i need to do some stretches for my back, massage therapy and chiropractor are also helps to me at times.

right now it's lower back telling me i've neglected some stretches.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fen woke me up sweetly this morning. No contraband, although I am not allowed to wear socks or have a blanket over my feet. His rules. He pulled it off me, then put his toys on it and made himself comfy.

View attachment 58158

I git 13 tomato plants in yesterday and last night the temperature dropped considerably down to 40. Do they need a cover? We are 4 hr from town so I will have to figure something out
Mine have been planted for a long time and we are down in the 40s. I just came in and it is almost noon and 54 degrees. I hope only gets to 45 tonight like they say.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It’s HAILING, and it’s cold. So glad TheMan came up with an ingenious cover for the tomatoes. Everything else in the garden is gonna have to just cowboy up!

Fen did some counter surfing this morning…

IMG_4280.jpeg

No big loss as the biscuits did not rise due to having to sub 1/2 of Bisquick with Carbquick. They are not the same 🙄

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yummy! Your non-biscuit biscuits are still miles ahead of my "from scratch" biscuits.

Why couldn't have "Bisquick" have just manufactured an organic version of their mix? I've tried organic pancake mixes and from scratch recipes, but have never been able to repricate Bisquick biscuits.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is a recipe for homemade Bisquick. Not much to it, really, but I had no time this morning. The 7 up biscuits are amazing, as they are normally tall, fluffy, flaky, and tasty enough to eat even without butter or jam