Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Roofing party at my house this morning. The fun starts at 6:30 AM. Y’all come!

*roof!*

that's the best i got for the moment. :)

if i wanted to die i'd be a roofer. i'm enough of a klutz that i'd trip on something and wipe out and then roll off a roof. i will get up on them if i have to, but i'm very careful about what i do (and i much prefer working from a ladder along the side instead of getting up on the roof).

i had to plant one last row of beans this morning and that took me about an hour and then i had just finished that up and watered them in and then it was time to take over from Mom on the mowing so i did that and now i'm laying here and cooling off. in a few minutes i'll wander around with the camera and see what i can record. mostly bean sprouts coming up at this point, tomatoes have cages on them, peppers and onions plants, squash, melons, dill, onions, garlic, dormant grass, one last pile of rocks to screen from the dirt (major improvement when that happens as it makes it much easier to scrape and weed when i don't have to fight through the gravel).

i'm also quite ready to take the rest of the day off, as in O, F, F... :) humid and hot out there today with the high forecast to be about 88F.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Saved myself from a sad moment by successfully ironing a patch on work pants. It was a re-patch repair so I figure I have another 3 x wearing. Had been putting it off but needed the iron out for 2 shirts. The pants and shirts out on the line can wait for this evening.

Had my 2nd breakfast and did some grocery shopping. Will need to do some lawn mowing and watering.

Darn. Seems that I have a rather full schedule without climbing up on a roof!
👨‍🌾
👕
👖
🩰 Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Saved myself from a sad moment by successfully ironing a patch on work pants. It was a re-patch repair so I figure I have another 3 x wearing. Had been putting it off but needed the iron out for 2 shirts. The pants and shirts out on the line can wait for this evening.

Had my 2nd breakfast and did some grocery shopping. Will need to do some lawn mowing and watering.

Darn. Seems that I have a rather full schedule without climbing up on a roof!
👨‍🌾
👕
👖
🩰 Steve
No roof for me either! So far today I have been to PO. Did laundry and made a batch of cherry jelly. Plus, swatting 100's of flies that have found a way in. ugh.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hot! I think I’ve lost 3 pounds today! We guzzled lots of water, then some more. I made lemonade and that was good. Got all shingles off, roof cleaned and covered in tarps.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Oatmeal with honey and almond milk in the bowl, pineapple chunks on the side (nice and sweet!), oolong by the cup with herbal tea steeping in the kettle.

It's 4:30 and, already in June, seems a little darker ... We had a little over an hour of light rain just about bedtime. Ah yes, humidity jumped right out of the 20's to 60% this AM with neighborhood haze.

I won't let it bother me ;). After a cool ending for Spring, it's really Summer!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is good this morning. My back is a little sore from yesterday but overall I’m good. I’ll go feed in a little while, probably be soaking wet from that and have to take another shower before church.

Missed y’all yesterday! Y’all missed out on a miserable hot day! :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm watching the radar and hoping for even a little sprinkle from this first bit of a storm. of course it largely has weakened as it has come towards us.

i might dig out some fake coffee, creamer and brown sugar as i don't feel like taking a shower just yet, so i can put that off for a while and enjoy something sweet. ooh! i can find the cardamom while i'm at it for something completely different. :)

Latest posts