Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is a recipe for homemade Bisquick. Not much to it, really, but I had no time this morning. The 7 up biscuits are amazing, as they are normally tall, fluffy, flaky, and tasty enough to eat even without butter or jam
Thank you, and I will try this for sure. Unfortunately I've had little luck with similar

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is a recipe for homemade Bisquick. Not much to it, really, but I had no time this morning. The 7 up biscuits are amazing, as they are normally tall, fluffy, flaky, and tasty enough to eat even without butter or jam
Thanks for the formula. Unfortunately I've had little luck with facsimiles for the real thing. I made a from-scratch version of my old stand-by biscuit coffee cake awhile ago, and while the flavor was just right (dogs loved it) the texture was just wrong!

I used to be able to make mouth-watering biscuits just by mixing any amount of milk with biscuit mix, and voila - yummy biscuits. Add some butter and sugar, top with strawberries, and add heavy cream (whipped or not), and you had delicious strawberry shortcake. Those were the days.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s getting daylight outside. I need to go check on the 3 lambs born yesterday and let Tiny out of jail. She kept backing away from her lambs yesterday, when they were trying to suck for their first meal. She gave birth out in the open, hot Sun beating down, so I moved them to a Quonset hut and places a half hog panel over the opening to keep them inside. She ought to be settled down this morning and being a good mom.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@peteyfoozer I used an ordinary bun recipe and just played a bit with the dough. Do you want to try? Bears or dogs are both easy to make.

I baked three pigs another day with salt dough and will turn them into fridge magnets.
View attachment 57977
When my kids were little we used to make Christmas ornaments out of salt dough, or "bakers clay," then bake and paint them. We did it every Christmas and even after 20+ years they still are in good shape! I'm actually surprised that they didn't get soft from all of the moisture we have here in the PNW!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!
Y'all can yell at me for disappearing again and I have no excuse as to why I don't make it a daily habit to check in at least 1/day. On Friday June 16 my pup Savage had to have his surgery, yes I know it's only been a few days but the surgery sure made a huge difference in his temperament already and on top of that trying to get plans set for my wedding that's here in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!!!!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!
Y'all can yell at me for disappearing again and I have no excuse as to why I don't make it a daily habit to check in at least 1/day. On Friday June 16 my pup Savage had to have his surgery, yes I know it's only been a few days but the surgery sure made a huge difference in his temperament already and on top of that trying to get plans set for my wedding that's here in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!!!!
So "Savage" is less savage now? Congrats in advance on your wedding to be!!

This reminds me of a wedding story of my own, well a wedding story of a friend actually where we were guests. The event was at a beautiful lakeside setting, and the bride's two shepherd dogs were in attendance - one was the ring bearer and had a specially sewn pocket on her collar which held rings for the double ring ceremony. Just as the marriage was about to take place, the dogs somehow escaped their caretakers and took off swimming out into the middle of the lake! (It was a hot day.) Fortunately frantic calls brought the two canine delinquents swimming back to the shore, and thankfully the rings were wet with lake water, but otherwise unharmed! That was some decades ago but it still makes me laugh to remember it.

I certainly hope no such crazy unexpected snafu will mar your own wedding ceremony!

Latest posts