Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did he get on your wrong side or what? :hide
Nah, I have put up with the pain and misery from this knee for years and finally decided to stop for some down time and get it fixed. I don't want to mess with trying to "save" it when it's rather obvious that the knee is waaay beyond that. So in my usual, I-have-made-up-my-mind-way, I let him know that ain't happening. :lol::lol:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gardening, it is really easy to make sourdough once a week. I also buy my flour in #50 bags that I keep in an extra freezer. I figured it comes out to about $1 a loaf and that is using organic flour.

The hardest part for me is to weather I want to be tied up making the dough on a morning or afternoon. So depending on my schedule or plans I will work around that. I make a killer chocolate sourdough that has cocoa, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. It is sooo good with cream cheese. In fact I am having a slice right now with my jasmine tea. Delicious!

Mary
Do you have the recipe for that? I made brownies and at first I did not like it but the next morning it was really good and the girls liked it and DD, so I gave her half of it to take home. I may have trouble this summer heating the house up baking. It just depends, sometimes we never have hot nights but last year was very unusual with staying warm late in the evenings.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to Tyler today to see about my knee. I talked with a PA first, he acknowledged that my left knee is toast, but gave me this blather about cortisone shots, every 3 months. And something he called a lubricant every 6 months. I asked for details on that and he admitted that it really didn’t do much. So I had to set him straight. First off, I’m not doing cortisone. Second, why would I waste my time on a shot that doesn’t do anything.
He was trying to explain that they just don’t rush people in and chop off their knees, but try treatment first. I told him I was beyond treatment and I knew it. I told him that I live a VERY active life. Maybe he thought I went to the mall and went shopping??

Then I proceeded to tell him my schedule for the next few months. Buy a farm. Move—AGAIN. Build fence. Build a barn. Chainsaw trees. I raise sheep and have big dogs to guard them. I explained how I raised a couple of feeder pigs each year, meat chickens, a garden AND I wanted to get horses again and get my life back. By this time, his eyes were bugged out. Then I told him I was going to be busy until July, that I was going to Tennessee to buy a ram. So, by mid July I could slow down enough for surgery.

So don’t jerk my chain on injections, I’m not doing it. Snicker, snicker, giggle, giggle. Poor guy, he walked into an alligator trap. SNAP!

So he decided to go get the doctor. Ya’ THINK?

Dr came in, gave me a hug and told me he was so sorry about BJ. He really liked BJ. We chatted a bit, he gave me another hug and sent his schedule nurse in to get it set up.

Knee replacement surgery July 19. Pre-Op and CAT scan and a class scheduled a week before I go to Tennessee. Done. Boom! Talk treatment crap to other people, not ME. I KNOW what I want, I KNOW what I need. Let’s get this show on the road!

Hahaha, the look on the PA’s face was priceless! Hahaha!!!
I am glad you have a plan.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Stuffed crust vegetarian pizza and a ..

. blood orange.

Does that sound strange to you? I know that many folks will have leftover pizza for breakfast but blood oranges? Why that name? Really, they are a magenta orange, I'd say ;). I can still remember the first time that I had pizza, at the first pizza joint that came to town. I was probably about 12 :).

Steve
I LOVE blood oranges!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Made a chocolate cake for DH and his coffee this morning. Had to bring a chunk of it to DD's house.
BIG mouse!!
Chocolate cake, 03-25-22.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
. blood orange.

Does that sound strange to you? I know that many folks will have leftover pizza for breakfast but blood oranges? Why that name? Really, they are a magenta orange, I'd say ;).

Steve
As I have said before, it depends on what KIND of blood orange you are talking about. The older "Moro" blood orange really IS a deep bloody reddish purple (dark enough to permanently stain). It's the newer kinds, like the "Tangiers" that have moved onto the more "blushed" appearance.

This year, I also bumped into a new citrus called the Red Mandarin, which is apparently a blood orange/tangerine cross. It's actually pretty good, and a bit of a godsend to me, who finds the modern blood oranges too acidic to digest (I can eat the Moros, but since most Moros that are still on the market are from odd trees left in the blood orange orchards to give the others some non-clonal pollen and get them fruiting, they can be hard to find in any decent amounts.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A neighbor has citrus trees growing in his front yard next to the sidewalk and told me I can have the fruit if I wish. One is some type of regular orange, fairly thin-skinned, quite sweet and juicy. In season I'll often grab one for breakfast.

He also has what he called a blood orange. The fruit is pretty small, not sweet, and not juicy. Not one of my favorites at all. They are certainly not red either, a light blush at best. I read that they change to a red color if they get cold. Even when it got close to freezing I never really saw what I'd call red. I stick to his regular orange.

Latest posts