Coffee

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A neighbor has citrus trees growing in his front yard next to the sidewalk and told me I can have the fruit if I wish. One is some type of regular orange, fairly thin-skinned, quite sweet and juicy. In season I'll often grab one for breakfast.

He also has what he called a blood orange. The fruit is pretty small, not sweet, and not juicy. Not one of my favorites at all. They are certainly not red either, a light blush at best. I read that they change to a red color if they get cold. Even when it got close to freezing I never really saw what I'd call red. I stick to his regular orange.
I tend to avoid the ones with the red skins, as they are generally Tangiers. Moros get the red/green right down into the oil pits on the peel, so, taken as a whole, they actually look BROWN.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220327-114127_kindlephoto-127233681.png

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ve tried the new coffee twice now. It’s absolutely terrible. The main flavor is this very green almost chemical taste. It was nearly gag inducing. It doesn’t even taste like coffee. I’ve had some bad coffee before but this is the worst I’ve ever tried. The only reason I tried it twice was because the first time I tried it I tried in the new coffee mug I just bought and I thought the mug was the problem.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
No, but as I was buying four 1 lb packs of Safeway coffee today for $2.50 each (to hoard), the asst manager told me next time to try the Coconut Turmeric coffee. Its not sweet, lots of flavor with just a hint of coconut.
FYI, storage for coffee is 6 months.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve tried the new coffee twice now. It’s absolutely terrible. The main flavor is this very green almost chemical taste. It was nearly gag inducing. It doesn’t even taste like coffee. I’ve had some bad coffee before but this is the worst I’ve ever tried. The only reason I tried it twice was because the first time I tried it I tried in the new coffee mug I just bought and I thought the mug was the problem.

i have had some very strange coffees from Hawaii and they can be very different from what you expect compared to the main name brands. i'm not sure if that is what you got or not, but i could drink them back when i was into trying different coffees. find someone else who might like them. :)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i have had some very strange coffees from Hawaii and they can be very different from what you expect compared to the main name brands. i'm not sure if that is what you got or not, but i could drink them back when i was into trying different coffees. find someone else who might like them. :)
I did a bit of research and it’s possible it might be a strange coffee but it tasted exactly like the descriptions I found of under-roasted coffee which also fits because it was very very light in color compared to others I’ve tried. I may take to work this week and see if anyone wants it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did a bit of research and it’s possible it might be a strange coffee but it tasted exactly like the descriptions I found of under-roasted coffee which also fits because it was very very light in color compared to others I’ve tried. I may take to work this week and see if anyone wants it.

contacting the company and asking if what you got was what they intended to send you? perhaps they had a screw up in the process somewhere and nobody caught it? take a picture of the beans and brewed result and send it to them. they may give you a refund. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not a coffee purist. I drink it black and one cup a day. Heck, when I was young, in college and broke, I saved my leftover coffee and reheated it the next morning.

i could do that if i took the coffee off the heat right away and put it in a jar and then into the fridge. the stuff that sat on a burner all day i could never drink. when i was on the road travelling around and checking out the various states when i walked in a gas station i could tell if it was ok or not to drink their coffee from the smell of the place. too much cooked coffee smell and i'd get some hot water for hot chocolate or tea instead.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
contacting the company and asking if what you got was what they intended to send you? perhaps they had a screw up in the process somewhere and nobody caught it? take a picture of the beans and brewed result and send it to them. they may give you a refund. :)
It was bought in store on sale so it’s not really an option. Even if it was the company has also discontinued it. Not hard to guess why if this is how it normally tastes.