Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman , I live further north than the Canadian population center.

(Thankfully, this westerly longitude makes up for the northerly latitude weatherwise, somewhat. Well, the proximity of the Pacific.)

I wonder what my Canadian grandfather would have thought if he had known that he was still north of his birthplace when he moved to northern Idaho in the early 20th century. He was a ☀️worshipper and finally made the transition to southern California in his 60's ;).

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go to sleep little leech or I’ll sell you on eBay!! Hahahaha!!

Rippy the gator went chomp chomp chomp!! LOL LOL!!

I heard the screams of the vegetables
Hahahaha!

These guys are brilliant!
And how could I forget (given the nature of this thread) that they did TWO songs about coffee!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still haven’t got my motor running. Yesterday at 6 AM I was rolling out the ceiling with Kilz. I worked myself stupid, I was so tired. This morning I barely got a cup of coffee, shower and dressed by the time Chris got here. LOL There was so much drywall patching to do, so much damage to fix, so many “didn’t do it right to start with” corrections to do, so many little things to do before moving on to the next step. It’s looking like we will have to come back Monday to finish up. Even half done, what a difference! I’ve drained the coffee pot, need to get some gumption from somewhere and get to work. Plenty of painting to do. At least what I do, let’s him do the bigger things and saving him a lot of time.
Chris is sanding the seams he floated, then he’s going to texture and blend it to the rest of the walls. I’ve got the whole room Kilzed, I think I’ll paint in the closet today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having myself a cup of tea with a toad-in-the-hole and a baked apple with raisins - for a second breakfast :).

Also looking at the WS website trying to figure out what happened after their recent changes. I'll never get it all sorted out. There is just too much there that is important to some but not everyone.

The Sunrise this morning was very colorful and everything, hereabouts, was bathed in pink!

Steve!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i may have to dig out the fake coffee this morning. i've been drinking up some ginger and turmeric tea but i'm not in the mood for that and i had hot chocolate last night. my body wants sugar though, so i will add some brown sugar and hot sauce to it to give it some other flavor notes and energy.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having oatmeal with a bowl of pears this morning.

I've been adding milk instead of the usual butter to hot cereal lately, trying to cut down on unnecessary calories. Well, fake butter. And, it's fake milk. From almonds instead of that Guernsey Daisy or Violet or Reddy - who would all be lying around in the corral instead of out chomping on grass and clover in this darkness. Of course, at this hour, I might be out in the milking room cuddling up to a nice warm cow.

:) Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish FDA would not allow water with added non dairy products-it is really flavored water-to use the term milk. (Sorry pet peeve). IF you add something to coffee beans it must be stated. Can you imagine the up roar if you bought ground coffee and it was ground almond shells?

(As I sit and drink coffee made from fresh ground coffee beans.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's okay @seedcorn .

But, we should come up with something that sounds appetizing for those of us who have reached a lactose-intolerant stage so that it isn't a "flavored water." My problem with this stuff iis that it doesn't taste more like almonds. I like almonds!

Remember when @bobm was trying to learn to like this substitute?. I suggested that if he ever drinks instant coffee that he heats water and almond milk 1:1 and uses that with the instant coffee. I do that when i'm in a hurry.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's okay @seedcorn .

But, we should come up with something that sounds appetizing for those of us who have reached a lactose-intolerant stage so that it isn't a "flavored water." My problem with this stuff iis that it doesn't taste more like almonds. I like almonds!

Remember when @bobm was trying to learn to like this substitute?. I suggested that if he ever drinks instant coffee that he heats water and almond milk 1:1 and uses that with the instant coffee. I do that when i'm in a hurry.

Steve
Your statement on lactose intolerant, begs the question, are people lactose intolerant or intolerant of protein in Holsteins? Jersey breed has been infiltrated with this gene by breeding in Holstein genetics to improve milk production.

For you, does Guernsey, goat or sheep milk products cause you problems? Dad could drink goat milk with no dietary problems-store milk, was a different result.

Interesting article that doesn’t answer question. https://www.wisfarmer.com/story/new...eryone-should-know-about-a-2-milk/1642645001/

Last edited: