Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think most people can let ‘er rip when they hurt themselves. I do. I should be more like my Daddy. About the worst he ever said, and he had to be really mad, was dadburnit. He was such a happy guy, he hardly ever got mad or aggravated.

i get mad once in a while, but i rarely express it to anyone verbally. i do write it out a lot better and that helps get it out of my system. i'm a lot happier not watching the news on tv or listening to the radio news and i generally am a hermit so i don't get a lot of aggravation from strangers. it probably isn't that good though because then i get out of practice in dealing with it or them...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why does the salesman have to follow you home? Why can't you just drive your car home by yourself with no one following you? It seems to just cause a round trip for the salesman for no reason.

Mary
Because I in Corpus Christi visiting granddaughters and will go through Victoria on my way home. I’m not trading in my truck and can’t drive 2 vehicles.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My climbing tree was down the road ;).

I carried boards down across the handle bars of my bike and built a platform about 15 feet up. No ladder or rope to give the location away. I remember being surprised how comfortable and level my deck was. There was room for me and my friend Greg who lived about the same distance further down the road.

Screenshot_20220614-082231_kindlephoto-225532486.png

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Linoleum is not my first choice but it would be the cheapest and they’ve got some pretty nice looking linoleum now. It’s been getting very popular in our area the last few years especially since hardwood is so expensive now. Whatever I put in has to be something I can install myself and I don’t have the skills to put in hardwood or tile.
NOT to split hairs, but I think you mean vinyl.
Linoleum was invented in the 1860's. It is limited in color choice, though you can iron it on the floor and handle repairs like that, too.
li·no·le·um
/ləˈnōlēəm/
noun
a material consisting of a canvas backing thickly coated with a preparation of linseed oil and powdered cork, used especially as a floor covering.
Linoleum is great for people with severe allergies.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NOT to split hairs, but I think you mean vinyl.
Linoleum was invented in the 1860's. It is limited in color choice, though you can iron it on the floor and handle repairs like that, too.
li·no·le·um
/ləˈnōlēəm/
noun
a material consisting of a canvas backing thickly coated with a preparation of linseed oil and powdered cork, used especially as a floor covering.
Linoleum is great for people with severe allergies.
It may technically be vinyl. The company we purchased it from has it labeled as linoleum.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had watermelon with my hot cereal for breakfast. Is that weird? DW likes the black watermelons when they show up from Heaven knows where ;).

The Calico was in the yard, this morning. She might still be out there. I've seen her hide under the pickup, under the rhubarb, behind the foxglove ... She "lives" across the road. I feel sorry for her. Her roommate, as of about 2 years ago is the much younger White female cat. Calico only started showing up in my yard after Whitey moved in. Calico is too olde to be adventuresome. She is either very hesitant or recklessly quick, crossing the road.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I’m back and had a great time with my granddaughters. We went to Mustang Island to the beach and had a blast. We just had fun.

C938BFD9-DC9D-4D0C-AA2B-8CFA42A1B451.jpeg

AD534F9F-6516-45FC-8A02-065DA4EBD9A4.jpeg

E6385137-751D-4EE8-855D-84236F8EC79F.jpeg

EF88705C-6056-4015-AAC6-34305FE1C601.jpeg

Wednesday, DD called to say they were having car trouble. I got girls out of the pool.

02FDB491-BFFC-468C-B4B3-F8D52005B48B.jpeg

They made it to a Chevrolet dealership in Bourne. It took 2 1/2 hours to get there. By that time it was after 5, so we stopped in San Antonio and ate. Got home before 9:00, everyone was tired.

I left Thursday morning at 9:00, went to dealership in Victoria, signed papers and all that stuff on car. They are sending it this morning.

I’ve got to go to the survey office this morning to give approval on survey. Won’t be closing on Monday, but it’s finally in the process of getting DONE!

Latest posts