Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning!

I just spent an entertaining 30-40 minutes reading Dave Barry's look at 2022.

He hit just about all my convictions on news absurdities, vexations, and anxieties. Of course, being Dave Barry, he paints them all as absurdities :D.

His column is in both the Washington Post and the Miami Herald and, perhaps, on some other newspaper webpages, today.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was working the drivethru window window in the cold wind yesterday and could literally watch my hands chapping from the cold dry air. They went from normal to red and cracking in less than an hour.
What was open yesterday?

I never get to sleep in. Dog knows when I get up 6 out of 7 days and he doesn’t understand why it’s not 7 of 7.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. I stayed at sister’s house again last night. She was worried about suicidal deer jumping in front of my little car and wanted me to stay. I left at 6:00 this morning, everybody was still asleep.

Currently 29F degrees with high today of 54F. Wednesday night time temperatures will be above freezing at 33F. FINALLY!

Just got home a few minutes ago, long enough to make coffee and turn that new propane heater on. I have a feeling that water buckets are still frozen, going to see if I can get them thawed out today. I’ll turn on water when it warms up to see if I have any leaks. Hope hot water pipes aren’t busted.

I guess I’m a bad sheep mommy. I wanted COFFEE before suiting up for the cold and doing morning chores. I’ll be toting water from the horse tank-after I bust ice in it.

I’m a really bad sheep and dog mommy, I’m going for a second cup of coffee. Then, feed horse, bust ice. Feed sheep, carry water from horse trough, turn ewes and Anatolians out. Pull hay off round bale.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
scarfs on were required both days i shovelled with the wind chills near zero or below zero both times. when i went out i could not really tell i was breathing such cold air so the scarfs were doing what they were there to do. after about 15 minutes of shovelling i could take off the outer layer as i felt i wasn't getting enough oxygen and i was plenty warm enough.

the harder part for me is afterwards when i've cooled off and then i become pretty cold so i have to hide under the blankets for a while and then as soon as i warm up i often just fall asleep for a while.

this morning i'm due for a snooze since i slept poorly last night. once i warm up enough after having breakfast i'll be out like a light.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's melting here as well.

I'm not sure if our temperature made it below freezing overnight! It is a MESS, however. Freezing rain both days of the weekend. It seemed nearly impossible to move it off of anything that wasn't concrete - allowing it to be broken up. The ground is well frozen. Lots of snow on the ground.

The board steps were easy to clear because they had been salted (many times). Howsomeever! Stepping on the ice and breaking it yesterday meant that the ice would break in pieces larger that my shoe and the "wafer" of ice would slide any-which-way! Immediately realized that cascading down the back steps was an immediate possibility if I just tried to step on it and kick it outta the way.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas. DD and family were over. Kids had fun and opened presents here and at their own house. DS made the girls hot chocolate. We had ham for dinner. The snow is melting, but more snow and ice on the way. It is 35 degrees right now. I am taking the tree down and getting the house back to normal. Thinking about 2023 and what I want to do and #1 is get healthy.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What was open yesterday?

I never get to sleep in. Dog knows when I get up 6 out of 7 days and he doesn’t understand why it’s not 7 of 7.
About half the places in my small town were open until 6 Christmas Eve including the fast food place I’m currently working at. Absolutely no where was open Christmas though. You’d have to drive 10 plus miles to get gas if you were paying cash because none of the gas station were open.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
9C4C4B89-8277-471D-A4DF-58E37FBBCFB3.jpeg
Breakfast!

Latest posts