Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning :). It rained.

The nearest WS airport station reported .16 of an inch. That is .10" inch more than the July total. More should be on the way with a better chance tomorrow :).

Unusual directions for the rain clouds in that they are arriving from the east, over the Montana mountains. At first, the storms were heading off, over the Cascades to Seattle. I wonder how often a rain drop make a U-turn of several thousand miles over the continent to fall on Seattle :D.

I slept about an hour later than usual this morning. DW says that she heard thunder ⚡overnight. I have an advantage on her there ;). Just opened a box of Wheat Chex and there are blueberries to go with them. Melons are already cut up in the fridge :).

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fen woke me at exactly 5 this morning. I don’t know how his internal (and infernal) clock works but it doesn’t miss a minute.
We have hoards of locusts all over the ranch. This has never happened since we came here 16 yr ago. They wiped out my broccoli which I was hoping to get seed from, and my squash, beans and peppers were taking a beating. I tried garlic spray to no avail, then last nite resorted to flour. It seems to be working. There was only 1-2 on the plants as opposed to the hundreds everywhere. They are still thick on the ground in there though.

IMG_5150.jpeg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still drinking coffee. I went out earlier and took care of the rabbit and looked to see how much rain. I heard it rain for like a minute and then it stopped and then like 5 minutes later it rained for a minute and I feel asleep, so I am not sure how much it rained later. We are supposed to get more. Air is full of smoke right now.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary, What color is the David Austin rose that you transplanted?
It is a pink rose called Harlow Carr. In it's place I'll move another David Austin rose Sharifa Asma and plant it there. By moving the Sharifa Asma it will vacate the space where I will go back to growing tomatoes there. I have two Sharifa Asma's and they are discontinued so glad I have two of them.

Mary

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! Come enjoy a cup of coffee, glass of water or iced coffee while you sit for a minute in the NEW patio furniture FH got me. It took him almost all day Sunday to put it together seeing how I wasn't really good help only because Savage decided to pull me so hard that I landed on the ground on my belly and got dragged about 5 feet very early Sunday morning. I'm still a little sore in places and got a couple of bruised bones (including ribs) but I'm thankful I didn't end up with anything broken. Behind the patio set is our new PIT BOSS smoker and beside that is our very first smoker (CHAR BOIL Vertical) and next to that is our regular grill.

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_072523 (2).jpg
    IMG_20230808_072523 (2).jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 44

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready y’all! Day is dawning, it’s beastly hot, soon to move to intolerable hot, then totally killer hot and time to come in and stand near an AC vent.
You know you love coffee when...

... it’s beastly hot, and you think nothing of making hot coffee. :lol: Those better be some really good beans, fresh ground.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know you love coffee when...

... it’s beastly hot, and you think nothing of making hot coffee. :lol: Those better be some really good beans, fresh ground.
That's funny because I think about going to iced coffee during the summer but it's just not the same! So I always work up a sweat during the summer when eating breakfast because I usually eat spicy peppers with my breakfast burrito/sandwich/omelette/biscuits and drink hot coffee. I count it as exercise 😂

Latest posts