common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
i can do quite a few things for the company since what i do is covered as <in house> and everything i do is up to code or beyond what they call for.. no permits are required for what i do...

this last 2 days have been up in conover installing 1.25" pipe for natural gas,yes everything to code, but once it comes to gas you have to licensed and have to pull permits for the county and city. told this to the owner numinous times. so now they have to hire a licensed contractor to finish and once the county and city get involved they might reject everything that i have done and have to remove all the pipe i installed plus pay a fine....

hate to say this but :lol: told you so....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
forgot to pick up lottery tickets while out today so went back out, went to the citgo here in town got my tickets handed her <new employee> 3 dollars i asked since it's black friday do i get a discount?
use your best Indian <dot, not feather voice>
no it does not work that way.... wow somebody had dry curry turkey last night....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
got to love stupid... couple months ago had to cover a driver while he was out injured, one of the regular weekly stops was our store in Charlotte, while waiting to their warehouse person to unload and reload the truck i walked the property, noticed that a power pole was rotten, showed the g/m and told him to call duke power to get it replaced asap otherwise if it snapped it was going to hit the propane tank..ok ok

knowing the class of management that we have, best i inform the owner as well... thank you for telling me...

well today had to do the same run, while they were unloading the truck, decided to have a smoke and walk over to see if the pole has been replaced... nope plus it was sagging more...thought to myself you cant fix stupid ....:he the main reason i was back there was to figure out where to make my hole in the building to run the cables for the surveillance system..

it rained in the morning so there was a little standing water between the buildings, stopped and looked at the old outside heating unit. looked down and there were bubbles coming up in the standing water.. took my lighter and lit it.. well how about that have a gas leak...

better inform the g/m of this walked inside there stands the v/p of the company. we said our hello's ..uuummm you have a gas leak outback!!!
we me/v/p and g/m walked out back both said.... i dont smell anything. watch lit the bubbles this time it did not go out.. oh lord the panic set in... evacuate everyone call 911.......really:confused:

walked over to propane tank and shut the valve...dahh took a couple minutes for it to go out...

now that i had their attention took both of them to the power pole and showed both of them at one time, you need to get duke power out here and replace this pole before it snaps and falls on the propane tank and blows up the buildings..... ok ok right after i call the propane company..

oh i love stupid.........

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:eek: Well.... when the pole falls and the place goes up, you can say *I told you this would happen.* :hu

this morning found the phone number to report the pole, sent off an e-mail to the g/m and cc the owner 10 minutes later got a reply that was thankful and at the same time mind your own business...and yes he did call duke power...
2 minutes later the owner replied... thank you lloyd for catching that anytime you see something unsafe make sure you tell the g/m and tell me as well.

well how about that...and i thought it would have gone on deaf ears...again

oh the propane company came out yesterday and fixed the gas leak......

Latest posts