common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's really a shame when stupid runs wild and stampedes all over you.
You are a gem that they don't even realize they have. But we appreciate you! :hugs

feel like i have been composted upon every time i walk into the place......ya know i appreciate everyone of you as well....:hugs

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
got a call from work at 4pm saying one of the shot blasters was down and was blowing fuses...ok told my helper what to do.. got a call at 5;15pm from the g/m telling me that they were leaving and he does not have a alarm code to lock up, and i would have to come in the morning to fix it...well :rant.

got there at 8 am today helper was waiting fired up the compressor walked up there tools in hand ok 1 screwdriver 1 multi meter 1 roll of electrical tape and a can of contact cleaner.
my helper said you not bring up your tool box...
no this is all i need...
he laughed guess you are going to make me walk back and forth getting tools...
no just watch and learn..

15 minutes later problem fixed shot got into the contacts and was shorting out which was blowing the fuse, so blew them and sprayed them clean figured it was a good time to do all of them. then put tape around each one of them so this does not happen again....

was about to walk out the door from up there my helper informed me that the operator of the other shot blaster was telling him that the over load light was coming on...
ok now's the time to fix this problem.... looked on top of the shot hopper well theres your problem no shot and it was full of crap so what little shot was in there could not get though.....
cleaned out the screen and filled it to the top started it up motor 1 come on 2 motor not opened up the control box motor 2 breaker tripped, re-set it fired it back up..all good

so 30 minutes later was locking up...

spent the next hour driving home thinking to myself is this job really worth all the headaches :he might as well stay there been with them 17 years, anywhere i go there are going to be the same idiot employees , just different names....

time to enjoy and relax for the rest of the weekend ...... it's 5 o'clock somewhere

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, our IT guy is like that too. been there for probably 20 something years but he said last week after i had an issue with my PC a few minutes after i got into work, that he was grateful to get the chance away from his office watching for server issues & working IT projects. i think he messed with my monitors so he could get away from his office :p

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
your going to love this.... had the Charlotte run everything was running great was on my way back , had 2 small stops still to do. got off on long fairy rd drove up to the rail road crossing and there sits a train, ok figured it was waiting for another train to pass, 5 mins 10 mins by this time theres a line of trucks and cars. 20 mins a rr truck pulls up and tells me that i might be sitting there for an hour, do what ?
he explains that the train lost an engine and is stuck...
of course me asked if they called aaa for a tow..!!!!!
he had a good laugh....
after about 30 mins had to relieve my self<one to many waters> stepped to the other side of the truck next thing you know here comes amtrak at a snails pace, all i could do is wave...:frow

so everyone was turning around and the trucks started to back up to turn around the first truck made the turn the next truck went into a ditch and got stuck, a few moments later the train started to move. now nobody can move on the road either direction... i crossed got to my stop and the rest of the day was great....

really how many of you ever run up on a crossing with a train broken down ?, it usually the other way around..

hopefully this friday will be the last day i have to be a cover driver, my back can not take this much longer....

Latest posts