common sense is out the window

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Making the owner happy is more important than the g/m.
Sounds like he appreciates your sharp eye. The g/m probably got a spanking from the owner. Maybe he'll be a little quicker to respond in the future.

I like your new avatar!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the owner knows he has a GM that isn't paying attention to details that really matter.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, you got the go ahead to go straight to the top! Good for you. Your hard work was also noticed and appreciated.

Mary

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have to ask Major, but is everything ok? i noticed your avatar changed & you just seem....i don't know...down in the dumps as we say here. did all that snow last week mess something up for you? (besides trying to figure out which end of the snow shovel to use) :hugs

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well well common sense finally a <as for work theres no way to help those people > good post.
part one....
over last winter which was an wet one lots of rain, the main driveway and ours took a beating, between our 4 vehicles and our neighbors 3 vehicles the main driveway sank so when it rained all the water ran into my our driveway, which in turned washed out ours really deep, more than what i have posted before, would pull the rock back up with my g/t. had enough of band aiding it.

called around and got a couple quotes to fix it they ranged from 1100.00 to 3575.00..

my ex fishing partner said he knows that is friend could under bid them, ok when he has a chance and bid it. they came out the other week and looked it over...
can do everything for you minus rock if needed 150.00 came home to this....
DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

omg what a great job...........

still going to need some rock in certain areas and a little cutting of the right side of the driveway so the water can drain off. otherwise we shall see with this fridays big rain..... either way still not going to be in the those ranges.. you have to like friends of friends.....

part two....
had to play truck driver this morning thank goodness it was just a box truck ran to Charlotte nc with a couple small stops on the way back. checked the sales ad for shulers meats, they had bone in ribeyes 6.99pp and large eggs .89 per dozen. picked up 9 ribeyes and 3 dozen eggs... have to keep an eye on their sale ad, shame they are just far enough out of the way to make it worth while to go to them unless the freezer is empty, they do have the best meat around....

part three....
the g/m of the retread plant just returned from a week long cruise in the virgin islands, got a call today that i need to see her before i leave that she has a surprise for me.... how about that she got a lit bottle of my favorite...
this is for all your hard work......
got home and cracked it...yes going to horde it.... oh my that was tasty ........... not a big hard liquor drinker...
DSC_0011.JPG

so today was a win win day for just sitting behind a steering wheel...

life is good on the 35th line.......well at least for today...:woot

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! Major the difference in the driveway is amazing. Was you able to split the cost with the others that use your driveway?:thumbsup

Latest posts