common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
last sunday went into work, the owner swears up and down that theres a blockage in the vacuum lines. so started on chamber #4 of course no blockage same for chambers #3 and #2 opened chamber #1 holy crap a river of water started to flow out once i started opening the door, reversed the door got a couple buckets slowly opened the door again, filled 4 buckets closed the door again. took about an hour to be able to open the door all the way. turns out that one of the steam lines bust so all the condensation return water from all the other chambers was going into that chamber...
called the company where we get parts from, those steam lines they do not carry they have to be custom built.. called my specialty wielder yup he can make the part... so i am just waiting on some other parts to come in for him to build it....

the higher up's have been harping on me to get going on the other store, so went out today made more measurements..
by this time started to get a bad attitude, but it all got better after purchasing the lumber and lights, only spent a little over 5,000.00 in 20 minutes.
the g/m she started to bitch at me<send it all back i am not paying these bills>...um call the owner he told me to get it...never heard anything else from her all day...

i felt better after going on my shopping speer..... oh and it's not over yet.:):)

now i know how you ladies feel after going cloths and shoe shopping ......content :weeemine was just lumber and light fixtures and bulbs..

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey! I'm a lady and my shopping list is more likely to be on the lumber side than clothes and shoes. Speaking of shoes, I loaded up 4 big black plastic trash bags of shoes and took to Goodwill. No. More. High. Heels. Never. Ever. I am a tennis shoes gal now, have a couple pairs of dress shoes-flats.

Today we bought rocks! A friend sent a facebook post that had been up 6 minutes, for rocks. We want to build a rock flower bed across the front of the house-54 feet, minus the front steps and a carve out for the water faucet. To buy what we want would be $900. We got what we needed this morning for $100-delivered and unloaded. Better than a pair of shoes any ol' day!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shopping always puts me in a better mood!!! Bay I have a hard time believing people buy rocks. Where I live you can not dig a few inches without finding stone. All of the old farm fields have stonewalls around them. farmers needed somewhere to put stones plowed up.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
you will truly love this.... it sure made my day.......

got to work normal time<the plant> did my usually walk through, hell for a change nobody said anything was wrong....
got gilligan going on painting all the outside doors <per the owner>..
moved a tire repair station over to a corner...

so there i was taking down the old electrical and air line, the g/m saw me and just went ballistic on me in front of other employees...
< why in the f*ck are you here i need you over at the other building and working on it>...
well there's nothing i can do over there at the moment...
<oh bullsh*t you can be putting up the walls>.....
um lowes can not deliver till thursday sometime between 8am and noon.. while waiting for them i will be out there replacing a couple lights...
<you can start thursday afternoon without fail>...
um yes but i need to order a scissor lift...
< what's wrong with the one we have have? >...
it's a one person lift and it only goes 17' and the top of the roof at the other store is 25' need a 2 person lift...
<fine get it>
um it's already ordered for delivery monday morning...
< how much is this going to cost>....
got it at a monthly rate of 770.00 we may need for longer than a month...
<did you even shop around for one?>......
got the cheapest rate around...<like there's a lot of options out here>

off she stomped about a hour later got paged to come to her office, thinking to myself what else is she going to bit*h about.. got to her office she asked me to sit down< thinking again she going to fire me>.....<oh please please i'm done with her b/s>

<i want to apologize for the way i have been acting towards you, i was in the wrong, i hope you will accept it. i know deep down you have the company at heart... i just need this store up and running as soon as possible>...

apology accepted.... just need to finish getting the chamber fixed and come in possibly this sunday and do some work on the boiler and get "gilligan" finished up on the owner's painting job. after that between the two of us we will be there as long as it takes..

<please no overtime>

that i can not guarantee, will do the best i can, there are too many things going on between here and the other store to dedicate all the time to one place. while i was out covering the injured driver the plant has gone to sh*t and the vast of the repairs can only be done on the weekend so there's no interruption of production.

<do your best>

omg wow thats was a first!!!!!!!!

went back to my office and thought about it, she must have called the owner and got an ass chewing, could be wrong, but she has never grovelled like that to me before for doing my job in 16 years that she has been the g/m there......

oh please come on powerball........

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is so funny!!! I busted out laughing and had to read it to my husband. If she could cuss and scream at you in front of everyone, why couldn't she apologize in front of everyone? I hate A$$HOLE bosses. A good boss is wonderful, too bad there ain't many of them out there.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shopping always puts me in a better mood!!! Bay I have a hard time believing people buy rocks. Where I live you can not dig a few inches without finding stone. All of the old farm fields have stonewalls around them. farmers needed somewhere to put stones plowed up.

There is a reddish-brown iron ore native rock around here. Unfortunately the few that I have found on my 8 acres isn't enough to make my flower bed. Most people around here take a mighty dim view of someone digging up the rock on their land, so we had priced some. At $900 we put it on the back burner. So to get a load of rock for $100, we jumped on that deal like a duck on a June bug.

Latest posts