common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well it's been a while..not even going into his latest purchase and remodel on highway 49 in haw river..it's just like all the other remodels i have done. this one does have it's grrrr to it but oh well....

any way got a call this morning on the way in, one of the buffers and a chamber is down as well. so drove directly to graham, pulled into the gate half open half closed... pulled through parked the truck went inside scratch my head why the buffer was down, finally pulled a cover off,,lazy ass operator has not blown out that area and blocked a roller sensor full of rubber..got that running...
found out the chamber has not been running since tuesday....really no phone call..... replaced the eps regulator 5 min fix...

spent the next 3 hours outside freezing my butt off trying to fix the electric gate, 2 problems right gate had a hard time opening easy fix, loose belt tighten that up, problem #2 kept losing power to the left gate closing contactors.after adjusting everything still ..grrrr
finally found the problem the circuit board was dead. broke out the wiring schematics..wow a schematic that had wire colors on it as well.. by this time head and fingers numb ...went inside to thaw out read the wiring diagram. called the local gate company give them make and model... that circuit board is obsolete and has been for 10 years, we can come out and replace the system.. um will call you back....
spent the next hour reading the diagram... removed the circuit board and install some old ballast wire into the correct pin holes on the connector harness.....
bam works like a charm.......i love southern engineering .
IMG_0841.JPG

the only problem there is no more delay in opening or shutting, spent the next 45 mins calling or telling everyone about this who uses the gate...

the up side of the day, it's the end of the year so all the chambers were done by noon, perfect time since i have a internal boiler inspection tomorrow morning. turned off the boiler opened it up and put a fan blowing through it, but still it's going to be cold.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
boiler inspection was good, inspector said he wished he could inspect more boilers like ours....so tic toc waiting on it to get up to pressure now.......good for another year..

next year not going to wait till december to do it, bumping it up to october while it's still warm outside and not 24*

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
boiler inspection was good, inspector said he wished he could inspect more boilers like ours....so tic toc waiting on it to get up to pressure now.......good for another year..

next year not going to wait till december to do it, bumping it up to october while it's still warm outside and not 24*

Smart thinking on your part, we have our yearly furnace inspection done in the summer when it's not busy, anything needed fixing is fixed, don't want to wait until the middle of winter when they're run off their feet servicing furnaces that have broken down.

Annette

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score

A whole 24 degrees. How will you survive? ;)

Latest posts