Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom , @majorcatfish and @seedcorn
26165369_771838506359623_7634333812087327034_n.jpg

:gig:lol::gig:lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least he’s not running around the house in his tighty whiteys with a towel over his shoulders screaming, “OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!”

:lol:
Yeah. Lets hope he doesn't have a relapse. :fl

funny how both of you cried when you came home from public school and found all your dolls missing they heads..all dad said he does knows the king and pope you should be happy thats he is in a good mood...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this morning gilligan and myself went into work to do some overdue maintenance and rebuild a couple cylinder lifts, plus got my boiler man out to replace the mcdonald miller controller and the sight glass drain valve, that dang boiler would not start up..he looked and tested all the circuits no power, asked you need a fresh pair of eyes.....yes

had a good chuckle he just over inserted a wire so it was crimped onto the insulation,turned off the power loosened it moved it , turned the power back on... bingo ... good lord i have done that a few times over the years...you know you did everything right but you find your mistake....
we both had a good laugh.... once up to pressure still has a little weep at the main cover, will order a new gasket and replace it next weekend..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish in the old days when i was programming for classwork we had a room full of computer equipment in a place where it could be checked out overnight by students once they had been trained on how to run the station (it had terminals, a printer, card punches). that was very much more time efficient as you could use the terminals for hours without having to switch off for other people (the normal computer labs only had terminals for a few people and you only had one or two hour time slots). this avoided long lines waiting for key punching cards. plus it gave you a leg up on learning a lot of other things (like how to use the editor, editor macros, the file system, and OS commands). this is all way back in the dark ages of course...

anyways, the thing i noticed about debugging programs and beating your head against a problem you could not find was as soon as i left for the night and the door would latch/lock behind me, was right when the answer to the bug would come to my mind. the pressure taken off the direct approaches in the noodle would allow it to seep around the edges and find the solution.

also, helping others debug programs was a great for insights in what to look for at times.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
randy my boiler man is one of those people you can call explain the problem and about 75% of the time he can walk you though how to fix it, the other 25% he has to come out and replace the part..before i found him the other boiler companies would not even try to help you with any tech information.. we can have someone out there sometime tomorrow to look at the problem... to me randy is one of a kind... good as gold.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@majorcatfish oh yes, anyone who will do that is a great find. that they'll even take the time to listen and ask questions instead of turning it into a "billable event". i'm so very blessed to have avoided that kind of career myself.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
randy my boiler man is one of those people you can call explain the problem and about 75% of the time he can walk you though how to fix it, the other 25% he has to come out and replace the part..before i found him the other boiler companies would not even try to help you with any tech information.. we can someone out there sometime tomorrow to look at the problem... to me randy is one of a kind... good as gold.
I get that but he is giving away his education for free. People used to call my dad for “free” mechanic advise. His knowledge is what put food on our table.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get that but he is giving away his education for free. People used to call my dad for “free” mechanic advise. His knowledge is what put food on our table.

and thats why i have a very good relationship with the select group of vendors i deal with....they get all my business