common sense is out the window

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of Irish my mother made a wonderful dish she called Irish Stew. It had cubes of meat peas and carrots in a thick gravy. does anyone have a simple recipe for this

the most simple recipe for any gravy is to fry some flour in a fat and then add broth to it. you can make it as thick or thin as you'd like... did you ever watch her make it or help out?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, poor little brother...I'm afraid his delusions are getting more like dads...he may end up in the same exclusive "retirement" villa with him.

You gotta admit he's pretty cute in his "sovereign" crown and robe, holding his royal scepters.
Yesterday they were his magic wands, I guess that's why they look a little bare, he was flitting about the garden waving them over the carrots until all the sprouts fell off. tee hee smiley.gif

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
careful how you speak @thistlebloom @seedcorn it's funny that somehow we our related, but when it comes down to it i have the royal crown and scepter with just a look the both of you can be put back in your proper station within the household..

you two really want to go back to this...
servant-quarters.jpg

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay buddy...er, Your Eminence... everything's going to be fine....just reelllaaaaxx....put down the brussel sprout stump and take a deep breath...:lol:

(Actually those quarters are a big improvement over the dungeon, don't you think Seed?)
At least he’s not running around the house in his tighty whiteys with a towel over his shoulders screaming, “OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!”

Latest posts