common sense is out the window

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
the led lights will pay for themselves in about 3 years just in energy savings... the nice thing is all the led high bay lights have a motion sensor so they only come on when you walk by and only stay on for 15 mins .....

That's a smart feature. Then you can tell who's dozing on the job when the light at their station goes off....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
A clients house was wired that way very cool. Some kind a bean across the door way when you walked though beam lights would come on. You never had to enter a dark room.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
last week was re-lamping the truck bay, parts room and half the warehouse..
IMG_1808[1].JPG

IMG_1809[1].JPG

IMG_1810[2].JPG

home for a week then back down for at least 2 weeks..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grrrrr... what a cluster

Well everything has been great till yesterday, Wednesday finish hooking up the 1.5” air line between the two ends of the building. Found out that the truck shop end compressor does not have an air dryer so all is does is put moisture into the air lines(not good for air tools). Called the owner so for now they are running off the compressors from retread shop that does have a dryer....

Was told that one of the ceiling exhaust fans not working, ok easy ...not
Motor was shorted out , so purchase a new motor and pulley installed it, crap the motor was 3/4” longer. So had to unbolt it and move it up. Put the belt on finish wiring it up. Went to the breaker panel Sparks shot out of a junction box ... what the fudge???? Took the cover off smoke still coming out of the conduit (all the wiring runs underground in conduit) well over the decades water has got into to it. This is why I hate underground wireing.
2040B461-6FFD-4456-A230-9AE2E43BBB6E.jpeg

And then there’s this who in the blank did this sloppy wiring job
EBC74DFD-5190-46CA-BAA2-1B4B23567FB6.jpeg

Will spend part of next week redoing this mess and labeling it.... have a feeling sometime down the road will be running all the wiring overhead..

It has been a long hot and sweaty week . Sweat dripping from the front and rear all day long.. I can take a lot..but today had to leave early I was offended by my stink... pee you a 10 on a stink meter, have taken 2 showers with soap might go for a third before bed....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grrrrr... what a cluster

Well everything has been great till yesterday, Wednesday finish hooking up the 1.5” air line between the two ends of the building. Found out that the truck shop end compressor does not have an air dryer so all is does is put moisture into the air lines(not good for air tools). Called the owner so for now they are running off the compressors from retread shop that does have a dryer....

Was told that one of the ceiling exhaust fans not working, ok easy ...not
Motor was shorted out , so purchase a new motor and pulley installed it, crap the motor was 3/4” longer. So had to unbolt it and move it up. Put the belt on finish wiring it up. Went to the breaker panel Sparks shot out of a junction box ... what the fudge???? Took the cover off smoke still coming out of the conduit (all the wiring runs underground in conduit) well over the decades water has got into to it. This is why I hate underground wireing.
View attachment 27336
And then there’s this who in the blank did this sloppy wiring job
View attachment 27337
Will spend part of next week redoing this mess and labeling it.... have a feeling sometime down the road will be running all the wiring overhead..

It has been a long hot and sweaty week . Sweat dripping from the front and rear all day long.. I can take a lot..but today had to leave early I was offended by my stink... pee you a 10 on a stink meter, have taken 2 showers with soap might go for a third before bed....

was that a recent wiring job that Gilligan did? holy crap...

Latest posts