common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well this might be my last weekend with them. they put me up in a drug/bug infested extended motel that has 2.3 stars... the red roof inn has 3.6 stars....
have my termination notice ready to go.... would rather loss my house than deal with their bull sh!t

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
well this might be my last weekend with them. they put me up in a drug/bug infested extended motel that has 2.3 stars... the red roof inn has 3.6 stars....
have my termination notice ready to go.... would rather loss my house than deal with their bull sh!t

i've stayed at some very interesting places, but none of them had bugs, ok, one place did, my apartment in TN, was in a complex and so poorly built there was no insulation between any of the apartments. i had roaches falling out of the ceiling and crawling through the walls. i figured out how to capture them all and not use any poisons, but that was because i was up often at night and would bait them with sugar water on the counter and then i could capture them when i turned on the light. check a few times a night and they'd be cleared up until some new ones moved in. interesting creatures actually. it takes them quite a while to mature so if you can keep after them and their children you can get rid of them.

i made sure there was no easy water or food for them anywheres so they'd head right towards that sugar water when given a chance.

then after that checking to make sure you weren't bringing in new ones with the groceries...

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I got one better than that. I didn't do the hiring and firing, but I used to get stuck with some real doozies!

One in particular didn't even know how to use a freaking mouse! This was late 90's. I sat her down at the computer and was going to get her to drag and drop files. She picked up the mouse and dropped it and says to me "like that?"

I kid you not!

She was suppose to work midnight shift by herself and was freaking out. She begs me for my phone number in case she needs me.

At 2:00 in the morning my phone starts ringing (before cell phones)
I get up stump my toe before I was able to pick up the phone. As I'm answering it and rubbing my toe, I say hello. She says Thank God you answered! I asked her what the problem was. She says nothing, I was nervous I wouldn't be able to reach you in case I had an emergency.

TRUE STORY!!!!!

I gave her the nickname Double Ought!

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would have checked into a cleaner hotel. Company would have picked it up-one way or another-while I got another job....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
sent a e-mail off this morning with the reviews of the place....all i got back so far was to cancel and pick out a hotel once you get there...?
um..i dont have a company credit card....hell i might be sleeping in the lobby of the store....grrrrrrrrr

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got 2 hrs of sleep on Sunday dw and left for rdu at 2:30 1.5 hr drive, glad we left early road construction. Flight was full and cattle trailer with wings, friendly flight crew. Meet my ride got to the shop meet everyone, got the nickel tour nice building.
worked on removing power to the wheel refurb area, the owner found me asked me if the graham g/m got me a room at the sleep inn, don’t know looked at phone, nope she booked me at the super 8.... is that going to be okay?

Sure turns out they just finished remodeling nice room..
831CEAC0-5F52-4D39-BACD-379520318D6E.jpeg

Today was a very dirty nasty day getting the rest of the power removed, left at 5pm hit the room long hot shower, laided down for a couple minutes popped a couple beers. Walked across the road had dinner at crackle barrel good dinner,
now it’s raining cats and dogs....
Time to sit back and watch some tv

Latest posts