common sense is out the window

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What brand of retreads do y'all use? Part of my job was sending tires to be retreaded and dealing with retread vendor. And I had to make sure that the yard man pressure washed all the slime out of the tires.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are a continental retreader..... since i have been employed there they have been a bandag Michelin Goodyear retreader.

Tire sealants ugg we had a trash company down in south carolina that used a type that even after washing out the inside of the tire you could still smell a residue odor, we had a chamber fire...nobody through anything about. next day we had another fire this time we knew whos tires it was. we read sds sheet on that sealant had a flash point of 300* needless to say after more in depth investigation found out the manufacturer did not do flash point test under pressure <not required >
so that flash point lowered to 250* @80 psi and we heat to 265* just that residue which soaked into the inner liner was the cause...we no longer retread any tire that has been filled with sealant that has not been approved though continental...... might sound crazy but all the initial inspectors have to sniff for chemical smell on each tire, ones that do smell get kicked out till they contact the customer...

hate chamber fires.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
got to ask what does your company do that requires all that steam..... speaking of which have to set up a boiler inspection with hartford and find out how much longer it's going to be to get my spare safety pop off valves to get back...< we get them recertified every year>

We cook chicken Lol. In a nut shell we basically make the protein that is used in pet food, also sell poultry fat for Bio-diesel. We run 2 shell and tube cookers, and 1 five story 3 stage evaporator. Capable of processing 125,000 lbs. of chicken (or chicken Parts) an hour. We can run 15,000,000 lbs. of chicken a week. I see more chickens in a day than most people see in a lifetime Lol. Just did my 3rd internal Boiler inspection last month, Got 1 more to do in October and I'm done till next year. I used Hartford for a while, now we use liberty mutual.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
so you get all those stinky byproduct trailers from all the poultry processing plants.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
a decade or so ago we use to pick up tires from the ryder location at the purdue plant in the city of rockingham, was covering for a driver on vacation in the middle of summer
the shop was right next to the bi-product area, jumped out of my truck took a couple steps omg what is thats smell couple more steps and i was tossing my lunch.

the shop foreman just laughed happens to everyone the first time....

got home and the dw asked what the f'ing is that smell you fall in something, think that was the last time we slept together...lol turned that set of uniforms for new ones.
stayed in clinton nc for a couple days 1/2 mile from that purdue plant if the wind was right you ran into your room...no wonder why the rooms were so cheap..

barf...... you're a better person than i.....

Latest posts