common sense is out the window

Lol... I used to have a process when I walked new mechanics around during their interview we went In one side of the plant, If they made it to the other side without tossing their cookies, They got the job. Rendering is the unseen industry, its everywhere, you just don't notice it because its so discreet, but you sure can smell it. Now an operation the size of ours, its kinda hard to hide, but my company has 4 plants in North Carolina, combined we can handle close to 100,000,000 lbs. per WEEK! Who's eating all that chicken?

Our plant has very specialized air handling equipment, and very, very stringent air quality standards. We're inspect by the State periodically, and never have issues. Unless you are the unlucky person working in raw material, the cooking process is actually very clean, and almost odorless, SMELLS LIKE DOG FOOD AND money Lol!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
a decade or so ago we use to pick up tires from the ryder location at the purdue plant in the city of rockingham, was covering for a driver on vacation in the middle of summer
the shop was right next to the bi-product area, jumped out of my truck took a couple steps omg what is thats smell couple more steps and i was tossing my lunch.

the shop foreman just laughed happens to everyone the first time....

got home and the dw asked what the f'ing is that smell you fall in something, think that was the last time we slept together...lol turned that set of uniforms for new ones.
stayed in clinton nc for a couple days 1/2 mile from that purdue plant if the wind was right you ran into your room...no wonder why the rooms were so cheap..

barf...... you're a better person than i.....
Try walking in kennel morning after a bad thunder storm 40 dogs all have stress diarrhea :sick:sick:sick:sick

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lol... I used to have a process when I walked new mechanics around during their interview we went In one side of the plant, If they made it to the other side without tossing their cookies, They got the job. Rendering is the unseen industry, its everywhere, you just don't notice it because its so discreet, but you sure can smell it. Now an operation the size of ours, its kinda hard to hide, but my company has 4 plants in North Carolina, combined we can handle close to 100,000,000 lbs. per WEEK! Who's eating all that chicken?

Our plant has very specialized air handling equipment, and very, very stringent air quality standards. We're inspect by the State periodically, and never have issues. Unless you are the unlucky person working in raw material, the cooking process is actually very clean, and almost odorless, SMELLS LIKE DOG FOOD AND money Lol!

Wow. Those numbers are mind boggling!
I can't quite wrap my head around that.

Just think I work on the pet food rendering side, That's all my company does. There are some company's in the industry that does edible rendering for human consumption. I wont tell you what that goes into, but you've heard the term chicken Lips and buttholes right Lol. That's all I'm going to say about that :lol:.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
we can handle close to 100,000,000 lbs. per WEEK! Who's eating all that chicken?

Chic-filet and Bojangles?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've toured many processing plants, from chicken, to hogs, to canned goods, lamb, paper cups, coffee, etc.

Hormel (at only one of their plants) processed 35K hogs a day. A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always wondered where the offal went - never toured a by product plant tho.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try walking in kennel morning after a bad thunder storm 40 dogs all have stress diarrhea :sick:sick:sick:sick

if you have had the pleasure of getting a couple snoot fulls of a processing plant, you would think that diarrhea smells like roses....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just think I work on the pet food rendering side, That's all my company does. There are some company's in the industry that does edible rendering for human consumption. I wont tell you what that goes into, but you've heard the term chicken Lips and buttholes right Lol. That's all I'm going to say about that :lol:.

hehehehe i know and mums the word....