common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol: yesterday i mentioned that they have only called once<work> welll they called right at dinnertime.. seams that their maintenance crew Gilligan and the skipper can not keep the refurb dept running, it's been down more than running the last 2 weeks...

was asked if i would come in and help them straighten out the problems @ $50 per hour..
told them that i would come in and look it over and give them assessment of whats needs to be done.. i'm sure all the parts that i ordered before leaving are just sitting on a pallet.

this should be an interesting morning.....:lol::lol::lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol: yesterday i mentioned that they have only called once<work> welll they called right at dinnertime.. seams that their maintenance crew Gilligan and the skipper can not keep the refurb dept running, it's been down more than running the last 2 weeks...

was asked if i would come in and help them straighten out the problems @ $50 per hour..
told them that i would come in and look it over and give them assessment of whats needs to be done.. i'm sure all the parts that i ordered before leaving are just sitting on a pallet.

this should be an interesting morning.....:lol::lol::lol:
:thumbsup Have Fun o_O

Doesn't it just fascinate you on how they can pull that money out when your gone, But cant seem to find it while your employed with them. Good Luck Major, I went through the same thing with this company the first time I left.....Now Im back with better pay....different title....different kind of head aches Lol.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I put places like this on my SXIT list! I have vendors phone #'s in my phone with a preface in front of their names,, "g" for good, "s" for not good. The not good warns me that they will:
1) lowball job offers
2) treat me unreasonably, like taking up my enTIRE day on one job, when I could do two signings well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Got a text this morning for a job, 1 hour drive from both home and DH's office (either way), the print 2 sets of documents, check and flag and be there in 90 minutes. IF I talked to them at ALL, I would have to argue my way to double my fee, and STILL not be sure if I would be waiting for the PDF to arrive to print.
Everybody wants to think of you as a stupid clerk, who is going to perform as a simpleton and therefore NOT worth paying correctly.
Feels like I am ALWAYS fighting. :rant

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:he:he :lol::lol: that was interesting visit...
arrived chit chatted with some of the employees before going to see the g/m......thank god your back!!!!
no no just here to help out a couple of problems....

saw the g/m ..
oh thank you for coming in please help me fix the refurb area...
um i see you more help than just the refurb area but im just a guest here.!!

what will it take for you to come back...
to be honest with you amazon is opening a distribution warehouse in k-ville and will be applying there next week, if i did decide to come back it would only 32 hrs w/ full insurance and no truck driving except for shuttle between stores and the same pto time rate. as for pay increase you will need to talk with the owner and see what would be the best increase that you can give..... i have a number but i want you to give your best... and if we can not agree we are still friends.

anyway looked over all the problems..:lol: they are all the problems that needed to be fixed when i left, with instructions how to fix them!!!!!!
all i got from the skipper and Gilligan.. was excuse after excuse after excuse.....

returned to the g/m and invited the asst g/m to review my assessment of the issues..
um there's no leadership in the maintenance dept, not a damn thing has been done on the list i left skipper with. if you dont manage these people in a short time you will find yourself in a world of hurt, yes i can come in and do the work for 50 per hour but why everything on the list is everyday p/m work... your maintenance team is being completely lazy and only doing what they want to do..... i will come back in sometime next week for a couple hours and watch the refurb people and see why they are going though so much shot...

what do we owe you for coming in?...
not a dime..

called the dw on the way home we had a good chuckle.....dw did say why would you want to go back! since you have been gone you have smoked less ,drank less, and you have a better frame of mind....
good question, it would mean higher pay but the same bullsh!t. would rather find a new job that going to offer me a challenge everyday not the same run of the mill crap...

so there you go on my day @ camp sunshine....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
so you had unpaid time off vacation and might be going back for a raise. tell them you want a signing bonus too... IMO...

when i left my job i didn't want to go back to i told them it was $500 per phone call. ;) never heard a peep.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
lets face it WHY would i want to go back.? it would be laughs and giggles for the first couple weeks and then after that it would be the same bull sh!t all over again,
they think that the skipper and Gilligan can do the job and at the same time save one persons salary..it's not happening i see a personality conflict going on between them....... oh well not my problem now..

even after all the bullsh!t over the years they did help out the family numinous times, so theres a little loyalty left inside me.! they are kind like my extended dysfunctional family...

been looking on triad carriers,monster,indeed there are too many jobs out there to think about going back..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
lets face it WHY would i want to go back.? it would be laughs and giggles for the first couple weeks and then after that it would be the same bull sh!t all over again,
they think that the skipper and Gilligan can do the job and at the same time save one persons salary..it's not happening i see a personality conflict going on between them....... oh well not my problem now..

even after all the bullsh!t over the years they did help out the family numinous times, so theres a little loyalty left inside me.! they are kind like my extended dysfunctional family...

been looking on triad carriers,monster,indeed there are too many jobs out there to think about going back..

it did sound like you were leaning towards going back there... good luck major... :)