Container Gardening

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have not been on here for a long time, due to health, and my hubbys health. I am anxious to look through and see how many familiar names are still here. We are going to try tall raised beds this year, they have to be waist high for me to use them, Our son in law started some from old sheet iron we already had, in order to save money. They are far from glamorous, but maybe weView attachment 12791 can figure a way to make them "pretty". We are also going to try growing potatoes in containers..wish us luck!! I know the constant drying out, over watering thing will be a challenge until we get it figured out.

Welcome back @4grandbabies ! Sorry to hear about your health challenges, I hope you and your husband are doing much better.

I like those planter boxes, very Farmer Chic!

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@ninnymary love your containers, the one on the fence really caught my eye. From the looks of it your chickens have pretty fancy digs. The other container with the purple flowers is it concrete or maybe hyperturfa?
Annette

]
I don't think that is the one I have. I threw away the tag so I have to google it.

Mary
I'm 99% sure that is Bacopa. I used to grow it in a big pot on my front porch in PA. LOVE Bacopa!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Devon, I know it's Bacopa. I grow it all the time. But Nyboy referred to a different one that is medicinal. That's what I'm referring too.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Devon, I know it's Bacopa. I grow it all the time. But Nyboy referred to a different one that is medicinal. That's what I'm referring too.

Mary

I've personally never seen the medicinal one growing or offered in nurseries around here. The regular white and blue ones are always available of course.

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have so many soil/pest problems right now that containers are my favorite option...These are the Gerberas I overwintered from last Summer. They're quite happy to be out of the greenhouse. I love a happy pot of Gerberas! I also like the lightweight faux ceramic containers. They won't freeze and crack, and they're super light weight so I can move them around quite easily.
IMG_20160412_132347.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@KD_Olive, those gerberas are beautiful. You must know what you are doing with them. I haven't tried those new light weight pots, but have admired them. Do they hold up for a few years?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are beautiful KD_olive. I've never tried growing gerberas. Are they easy to grow? They must be a southern plant because no one seems to grow them here.

Mary

Latest posts