Cougar at home

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, I thought it was just that the cougars were spreading on their own. :hide Why don't we re-introduce mammoths and saber-toothed tigers while we are at it?

please do, apparently there isn't enough drama in the world that things like who likes who on some social media site is actual newsworthy, give 'em something more worthwhile to follow.

i'm quite seriously in favor of reintroducing wolves. the deer populations are out of control here and the hunters do not go after the weak/sick animals. it would probably do the human species a lot of good to have to run some more than we do too... *waddle* i would certainly feel a lot more useful in the end if i were feeding a saber-toothed tiger instead of propped in some casket pumped full of embalming fluids, but i'm sure the final terror would not be pleasant but at least it would be quick. i hope they like bean flavored primate...

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have lions on your property in Cal.??? o_O
YUP !!! Big time .... Our ranch is in the very center of Cal. just one mile from the Sierra Nevada Mts.. One early morning at first light, I was walking toward my barn to feed the horses when I saw a mountain lion kill one of my yearling fillies by breaking her neck with one blow of it's front paw. Another time, I was walking on our country road and a cougar was stalking me from a small swale near the side of the road. I instantly raised both of my arms, yelled bloody murder and came after it when that cougar decided I was too tough and ran off. Another time , our next door neighbor who owns a beef cattle ( 15 cows ) ranch had a new born calf killed by a cougar. I could go on and on.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
please do, apparently there isn't enough drama in the world that things like who likes who on some social media site is actual newsworthy, give 'em something more worthwhile to follow.

i'm quite seriously in favor of reintroducing wolves. the deer populations are out of control here and the hunters do not go after the weak/sick animals. it would probably do the human species a lot of good to have to run some more than we do too... *waddle* i would certainly feel a lot more useful in the end if i were feeding a saber-toothed tiger instead of propped in some casket pumped full of embalming fluids, but i'm sure the final terror would not be pleasant but at least it would be quick. i hope they like bean flavored primate...
I would say that you are not a hunter and have not read the very restrictive hunting laws that are imposed by those that are against hunting and / or animal rights wacos. As for introducing wolves, they are some of the most savage killers there is on this planet. Many years ago in Europe, my then 10 year old cousin was walking to school ... snow was falling and about a 100 yards from his farm house home, a pack of wolves killed him and devoured most of his body. So, thanks for your thoughts ... but NO THANKS no way no how !!!!!!!!!! :he

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
wheres-your-stupid-little-spray-bottle-now-karen-20-funny-39067690.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would say that you are not a hunter and have not read the very restrictive hunting laws that are imposed by those that are against hunting and / or animal rights wacos. As for introducing wolves, they are some of the most savage killers there is on this planet. Many years ago in Europe, my then 10 year old cousin was walking to school ... snow was falling and about a 100 yards from his farm house home, a pack of wolves killed him and devoured most of his body. So, thanks for your thoughts ... but NO THANKS no way no how !!!!!!!!!! :he

lucky for all of us our ancestors were able to have a baby before they were eaten or died of diseases or other causes.

i try not to dwell on the past, but learn from it and move on. of course things that happen like this are a tragedy to everyone involved. much as hunting of animals is a tragedy to the animals killed. i don't rate human life any more precious than the rest of the life on this planet. we are all guests and passing through, some at different rates than the others.

as for hunters, i'm all for some hunting as long as it isn't cruel, but i also think it should be a challenge and more of an even match than sitting around in a blind with high powered weapons - but that's just me.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
ve

IF you reintroduce wolves, which you don't have to do since there are probably a few living close to the Canadian border already, your livestock farmers will be up in arms, literally, shooting them to protect their pigs, sheep and calves (AND foals, since there are a LOT of horseman who live in MI.) Plus they will kill off domestic cats and small dogs. REAL BIG MESS.
There are other ways, like properly managed hunting.
I have a GF who has been bow hunting deer for at least a decade. It takes a lot of skill AND there is a lottery for all deer hunting licenses in IL. IT is very popular. The fines are big, too, for poaching and/or not reporting kills. WE live in a VERY LIBERAL STATE, and if any deer are found maimed it is a BIG, BIG local news story.
There are always outliers, but it was hunters who created our National Parks and now they aren't allowed to hunt in them. Big smack in the face for doing the right thing. pfft

Latest posts