Coyote eradication methods sought

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rabbits did you breed greyhounds ? They are one of my favorite breed. My 1st dog as adult was a borzoi a long hair greyhound. Red your dog will have little chance against a pair of coyotes. Most pet dogs do not know how to quickly kill, a coyote kills everyday and is a master at it.

Nyboy, my grandfather and dad had greyhounds on the first racetrack ever built in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I think it was 1925. My dad's birthday would have been today. He was born July 13, 1910, so he would have been 107 years old today. They had greyhounds for pets too and used them to catch jackrabbits. My grandfather would take sacks of jackrabbits to the orphanage in their town in Oklahoma during the Depression to help feed the kids. That story always kind of shocks me how bad the Depression really was. Later, my dad went to Florida and trained dogs for other people and raced them. Later, he went blind when he was 28 and when he was 40, he married my mother who was also blind and then he started raising greyhounds and selling them and sending to tracks to race, so my whole childhood was raising and training greyhounds. I was different than him and it was so hard on me because I did not want to sell them or send them off to race. I later worked for one of the biggest and best farms in Kansas managing it and then met DH and we worked together in the greyhound business until we finally had enough of dogs getting hurt. I love greyhounds. Before I married and had DD, people would send their spooky dogs to me to handle. I could catch any dog that got loose or was afraid. They would just come running to me. It was a strange thing and after DD was born, it changed and if anything dogs liked DH better than me. lol If I had room, I have always thought of buying a greyhound puppy meant to go to the track, but instead raise it for a pet. I have so many sad stories of dogs i loved that got sold or sent to the track.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rabbits did you breed greyhounds ? They are one of my favorite breed. My 1st dog as adult was a borzoi a long hair greyhound. Red your dog will have little chance against a pair of coyotes. Most pet dogs do not know how to quickly kill, a coyote kills everyday and is a master at it.

Me when I was 17 with Jig and Abe, who I will never forget.
Mary, Jig, Abe.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

My dad with his last seeing eye dog, Gypsy a Viszula out walking greyhounds in Kansas.
Dad, Gypsy, greyhounds.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

I sure agree with what you said about a pair of coyotes.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rabbits I have several retired greyhounds as clients. It always surprises me how low energy they are. They are the biggest couch potatoes. I would of though a breed bred to run would be very high energy.

They are sight hounds, so really only chase if something is running they want, but they like to run for fun. We had a female named June. She slept on the couch after the other dogs went off to the track and she was the only one left for awhile. If we were going to go to town, we would turn her outside to go potty and she knew we were leaving and would not come in. She would go around and around the house as fast as she could go. Later, we got some puppies, but she stayed in the house until she started causing trouble. She would go to where the puppies were, dig a hole and let them out and we would have several dogs to go chase.

Latest posts