Dad Fell Off Ladder Drove To ER

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Steve eventually they will want to know and be so sorry they didn't ask. What you can do is write down everything you do know in a family journal, put it in a safe place because there will come a time when they will want to know. I know very little about my family's history, I was quite young when my grandparents passed, at that time I was more interested in kid stuff:(.

Annette

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wrote up something about growing up on the farm for one of my boys when he asked, but that was for his thesis in grad school. Other than that nobody really asks though I occasionally volunteer a SHORT story. I think they listen and will remember or dis-remember some if it.

My father and grandfather told a few stories but not really a lot. And I didn't ask. As Annette said, at the time I was interested in other stuff. I have repeated a few of their stories to my kids.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Ladders-Main.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are suggesting, @valley ranch , that we may not have long for this Earth if we behave in certain ways?

Every generation faces a different world. They are engaged, they are involved but they came from somewhere before their time.

In recent history, the Boomer generation got the idea that it was a huge bulge in the population. Yeah, sure - compared to those born during the Depression when times were tough and few babies were born. The Census Bureau information shows us that there are more Millennials than Boomers.

I've shared this with my children and laughed about how some folks have thought that this graph is depressing or something :). Move your cursor over it to see how many in the US are of your age or older: LINK

Steve, with the elite single digitS'

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I remember looking into a room, on a construction site, there a man was holding a big drill motor with the auger into a overhead beam~ the ladder was on the ground and the guy was going round and round in the air until the cord got tight enough to pull the plug from the extension cord he turned loose and hit the wall before landing on the ground~I didn't laugh until much later when retelling the story```

Latest posts