Dad Fell Off Ladder Drove To ER

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is so easy now to talk into your smart phone, iPad, lap top, desk top and then save on a thumb drive. Much easier than writing it down plus future generations will hear your voice (dialectics, language, etc).

Or you can talk into a video-but voice recording is easier for next generation to listen while driving, sitting at home, or with head set while working.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
9pm last night I got a TX from my sister asking if I knew our father fell off a ladder. He was on a ladder pruning a shrub fell off ladder in to shrub impaling himself on a branch. Rather then calling anyone for help he got in his car and drove to ER on other side of the city. He had to get stitches but did not ask how many. He lives in a city so heavy traffic on way to hospital. I called him last night and he was kind of out of it, hoping it the drugs given and not the fall. Not sure what I am more upset about him being on a ladder or him driving after a fall, him not calling anyone till that night. I am also a little upset with hospital staff, a man in his 90s has fallen and no one thinks to call his family. I have a real busy day, will go down to see him after work

That man is something else! It sure would be nice to be able to climb a ladder at 90!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know 3 people who had catastrophic injuries falling off a ladder. One giant of a man is paralyzed. My husband is extremely over weight and no longer allow him on a ladder past a few feet.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
A farmer who was not over weight, fell off of a step ladder and is paralyzed from waist down.

But, it's your dad, let him live his life as he doesn't want to watch TV.

Will be tough call when he jeopardizes others. Have to pull keys then.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If your dad is "with it" then you have no choice if he limbs or if he tells the hospital not to call you. That is all his choice unless you go to court and prove his is not capable of taking care of himself. Just pray and tell him you would like to know what is going on if he gets hurt.

Be happy he is that able....and enjoy him every minute you can....;)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think he is really enjoying his fall. He has his arm in a sling and gets lots of attention where ever he goes. This is his 3rd or 4 th fall from a ladder, one fall he needed surgery he was in his 60s. His brother who lived 4 houses away fell of a ladder painting 2nd floor of house at 70. They did not think he would make it and had priest gave last rights. He lived till 97.

Latest posts