Dad Fell Off Ladder Drove To ER

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat heavy might be good, can not get any safer if he can't move out of garage.
Yes. And when it is heavy it is more sturdy. Get one fast-he will use a chair. It reminds me of when I visited my parents in Florida just before my Dad passed. My daughter was around 12 and she and I went to try to get them to move back north and in with me. My Dad was sharp nearly to the very end but barely eating and very weak.My Mom had early Alzeimer's. He perked up for his daughter and granddaughter and went downhill the minute we left. I found him on a rickety chair in their room because my Mom was cold from the air conditioning and she wanted him to close the vent in their room. As a side note he was too weak to drive. But he has asked me to just get him out to the car and once behind the wheel he would be fine. Somehow I appealed to him to give it up on behalf of the Grandchildren of America.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's one with wide treads and handrails.

715dnGlHdsL._SL1500_.jpg

The link came out funky, but it's by Miles Kimball on Amazon. Good but no cigar !
this type of ladder is good for indoor use on flat floor ONLY. If one climbs on it when on moist soil, one , two or more legs will sink into the soil, become unbalanced and one will fall off of/ onto the ladder as it falls onto the ground. Best to go to a building supply business that caters to contractors. Probably cost more, but they are built much stronger and safer. OSHA and liability Insurance you know ! :caf

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle that is prefect ordering one day. Cat I once found my mother on kitchen chair trying to dust ceiling fan. I tried talking her into having my cleaning lady come once a week, I was going to pay for it. She would not go for it claimed they all stole. Funny thing they bought nothing new since 70s really didn't have anything worth stealing.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I've dusted the living room fan from a dining chair too!
And sometimes from the arm of the couch. But, shhh, don't tell my husband!
Me too but I'm not 92. As a matter of fact my husband and I installed 2, 60 inch ceiling fans yesterday. The ceiling is just under 15 feet. Instructions make even electrical connections very easy even for a novice. I will not let my husband on a tall ladder-titanium knees and very overweight. The hardest part was lifting the heavy fan in place. My husband helped from the lower rungs but it was only sheer will power that allowed me to do the final lift to put the fans into the cradle where they had to go. They look great and produce a lot of air movement.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
even last night I was on a kitchen chair changing a light bulb over the table BF comes in usual GET OFF THERE
but then proceeds to stand on it himself me nearly blind him 71 :frow:lol:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
What happened to my post ???????? :idunno Regarding this ladder and others like it ... Whie it is a great ladder for indoors on solid level floors ... the slender legs on the ladder makes it UNSAFE to use outdoors when the soil is NOt level, or wet/ moist and when one starts to climb onto it, those slender legs start to sink into the ground and the climber has no choice but to fall off or onto the calapsed ladder. it is much wiser to buy a ladder from a company that caters to licensed professional contractors. OSHA and workman's comp/ liability insurance you know ! :thumbsup

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What happened to my post ???????? :idunno Regarding this ladder and others like it ... Whie it is a great ladder for indoors on solid level floors ... the slender legs on the ladder makes it UNSAFE to use outdoors when the soil is NOt level, or wet/ moist and when one starts to climb onto it, those slender legs start to sink into the ground and the climber has no choice but to fall off or onto the calapsed ladder. it is much wiser to buy a ladder from a company that caters to licensed professional contractors. OSHA and workman's comp/ liability insurance you know ! :thumbsup

If you click on the pink area of my quote, your reply will show up in the box also.

Latest posts