Dirt Stains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sold cars. I made a lot of money by treating people like they mattered when they didn't look like they had a nickel in their pocket. You just never know.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! I just came across this quote, from an unknown source. Maybe it is apropos here, or in the thoughts thread, or with those contributing so much to what passes for our political discourse, these days ;):

"Pretentious people are like cross-stitch pieces, they look fine and pretty at the front. But twisted and messed up at the back."

Not sure if it is fitting for the client bag ladies. It might be reversed or best applied, from one generation to the next.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sitting under a tree in my slaughter clothes, waiting to get the party started. Did hog #1 last week, doing hog#2 today. Hog #3 next week. Like a neighborhood block party LOL.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're doing your own butchering this year Bay? Three hogs is a big job. I bet you're using Marigold to help out.

I watched our neighbors butcher their hogs last year. It was pretty interesting. There was a part that everybody was wondering what it was and I guessed pancreas. They all thought that was pretty smart, but it was just a lucky guess. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut now and then, haha.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, using Marigold to hang them from. I called the first of May and couldn't get a slaughter date any closer than August 29! :th Uhhhh...... NO! They are eating 100 pounds in 2-3 days! The neighbor that "owns" hog #2 hasn't a clue how to process it, so I'll be doing most of it. Then hog #3 is ours and we'll get him done in a few days.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes we do, have to book a slaughter date far in advance. I've butchered feral hogs and deer, but not a domestic hog. A tiny little neighbor lady piles in and helps skin and gut them, our joke is that by the time we get to my hog, we'll know what we are doing.

Have also been feeding and caring for another neighbor's Hampshire pig, she is younger than ours, we won't cancel our slaughter date so the Hampshire can go to slaughter. That neighbor doesn't want to slaughter his pig, but is happy to take her to the slaughter house.

Latest posts