Dirt Stains

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use a dab of 'Shout' on any stains -- dirt or grease -- that I find on my clothes. I've found that it usually takes the spot out when washed. I never put my shirts in the dryer so if I find a spot I've missed, there's a good chance I can catch it with the spray on the next go round and therefore avoid setting stains.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I had my business, it used to really annoy me when farmers or construction workers would come in right out of a muddy field, with two inches of mud caked on their boots. They would leave a trail from the door to the cash register.
I appreciated their business, but sure wished they would have taken the time to knock the mud off before getting in their truck.

When we had a furniture store and someone came in wearing dirty clothes and muddy boots, it meant that person had a job. There were oil field workers, pipeline workers and other fields of employment in which a person got down and dirty. Often times they were snubbed at the other two furniture stores in town because they weren't dressed good enough. We welcomed them with open arms and treated them the same as if they were wearing an expensive suit. We made a lot of sales that way. I can understand about the mud trail, but that was money walking in the door and I'll take dirty money any ol' time. :lol::lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The only time I complained about someone stopping to get groceries on the way home was on my 1st job at a local grocery store/ meat market. There was a chicken farm just outside of town and one lady made it routine to stop on her way home too often Phew !!!! Work pants and work boots on trailing chicken poo! UGH :sick

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to work at Lufkin Industries, building oilfield pumping units. I got filthy. Greasy. Dirty. I can remember taking a bath or shower and thinking I had a new bruise, only to realize it was a grease stain-on me! Steel toed boots-equally greasy and dirty. I went to places of business and sometimes I was ignored. Stupid people. I took my business elsewhere.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I recently stopped off at a used car lot looking for a truck. It was on my way home from work, and even though I wasn't filthy dirty, I was sporting dirty knees, and a smudgy t-shirt, that was fairly new- so not ragged, but I had been working....and I would think that would have been obvious seeing that I was towing a trailer full of tools. :rolleyes:
I strolled around all over the lot, waiting for a salesperson to ask if I had any questions, but nobody came out, so I left.

I stopped by the next day on my way home and this time I went in the sales office. Got somebody to sort of show me some trucks, but he was in a phone conversation at the same time and I felt like I was intruding.
They took my phone number and email and what I was looking for. They even had one on the lot I liked, but it had just come in and they hadn't put a price on it yet.

Maybe it was a lot of things, being dirty, being a female, looking like I couldn't afford a truck...? Whatever, they still have not contacted me, and that was a month ago.
I want them to so I can tell them I found the perfect truck at their competitors and got treated like a human.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just wrote this ...

and, think that it somehow relates:

A food critic went out with a tape measure and visited a number of popular restaurants in his city. "Industry standard" is 16" between tables. He found that there was only 8" between the tables in some popular restaurants
BTW @thistlebloom . I absolutely hate looking for vehicles! Just can't get much further from my shopping interests or enjoyment in interactions with sales people.

Steve

Latest posts