Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
A former collegue and her husband have it. They are around 40. She is more sick than he, but both still miserable. They have 2 teenagers who are not sick. I would guess they are asymptomatic from how virulent this disease is. They have all been tested-no results yet. But how do you rely on a test that gives false positives and false negatives?

not all tests are like that, some are more accurate. also it is important to say what kind of test you are talking about. there are the virus tests for people who are ill and then there are the antibody tests for those who've already been ill.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of our grand daughters has been home from college due to Covid-19, and staying with her mom. BUT... went out to a party with some friends, and got sick. She has tested positive for Covid, and is quarantined at home - with our daughter. :ep Needless to say, our daughter - who has been scrupulous about procedures to avoid contracting Covid - is less than thrilled about having an infected person in her home. Also not too happy with her daughter's poor judgement. We are praying that they will both be well.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of our grand daughters has been home from college due to Covid-19, and staying with her mom. BUT... went out to a party with some friends, and got sick. She has tested positive for Covid, and is quarantined at home - with our daughter. :ep Needless to say, our daughter - who has been scrupulous about procedures to avoid contracting Covid - is less than thrilled about having an infected person in her home. Also not too happy with her daughter's poor judgement. We are praying that they will both be well.

not fun at all for anyone. at least the complication rate for younger people is much less (still not zero). hope she recovers ok and is not one of those people who carries around for a long time before finally kicking it.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbors with young teen are letting them go off with friends outdoors.They were not for a couple of months. I guess there is less transmission outdoors but still of course a risk. My 12 year old grandson is really struggling. 7th grade at his school, where my husband taught and and his Mom went to school, is a life-long memory of opportunities. He is also on mutiple teams this time a year, of course not now. My daughter arranged a get together with soccer friends to distance kick a ball around together. It slowly became the usual contact sport. So that did not work out. Very difficult for the young.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm going to keep this as non-controversially apolitical as I can. But this has me totally discombobulated.
Yesterday there was a protest in New Jersey. And a counter-protest. Both were peaceful. Now the counter-protest was in poor taste and an embarrassment all in all. But legal and peaceful.
The counter-protesters were caught on camera, and at least two of them have been fired from their jobs. (One employed for 18 yrs).
So, it's OK to protest as long as its the "cause d' jour" but not ok for the other side? American liberties. It makes my blood boil to see someone desecrate our flag. But I control myself, because it IS their constitutional right. Just don't erase MY right to wave that flag proudly while singing the Star Spangled Banner. Or fire me from my job because I peacefully exercised my 1st amendment right to speak my feelings opposing another group.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman , are things going okay with your granddaughter and at your daughter's home?

Steve
So far, so good... and better than expected. Granddaughter's friend tested positive also, so she moved in with her (and out of DD's house) while they are both in quarantine. Still concerned about our granddaughter, who has been running a high fever; but while DD will have to wait 14 days to be sure, it appears she is no longer in imminent danger.

While numbers in Wisconsin are falling, our county now has the dubious honor of hosting the highest number of new cases in the state. :( That is being attributed to large numbers of young people at a gathering (I'm assuming our granddaughter was among those) and an outbreak at a nursing home. The latter hits me deeply too, it is a place where I worked as a volunteer several years ago... and was concerned even then with people who were obviously ill coming to visit their weak & elderly relatives.

Latest posts