Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! so long ago.

haha! shhhhh! :)

while talking today i admit i am not that old in comparison to Mom. the new washing machine has already malfunctioned so we're talking about how she used to do wash with the scrub board and hand cranked wringer... so, yeah, she's got a few years on me... :) dealing with service and getting the issue resolved has already been discombobulating and made me waste too much time already.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reuters says: 119,915 deaths from Coronavirus in the US. The next highest number is in Brazil, 50,615.

John Hopkins University says: 25,800+ new cases weekly in the US (to June 20). Climbing about 20% in June.
The European Union has 3,500+ new cases weekly (to June 20). Mostly level and below 5,000 for June.

The European Union has 110 million more people that the US.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
so far MI has been doing ok with reopening some things up, but it's looking like a challenge for too many places to open and keep the numbers under control. i just hope people can keep on being reasonable and not doing silly things.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm reading some really interesting stories on this whole event, how some places do a ton of work to trace down the infection and get people into quarantine, but all that effort can be wasted if then just one person comes along and brings the infection back into an area.

New Zealand has all my hopes to get the recent cases isolated and back under control. until the vaccines start coming out it really takes a consistent effort to keep this nailed down.

test, quarantine, keep wearing the masks and wash hands, etc.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sooner or later everyone is going to either come into contact and get covid, or else take the vaccine if/when it becomes available. In the meantime, take the precautions that you feel you need to, but get on with life. We can't stay hold up in our homes for the next year or so waiting on a "cure". There may never be one.

There is not a cure for the flu, just a vaccine that works sometimes, but sometimes doesn't. As far as a vaccine, what will the side effects be? Now you can get cancer from taking Zantac, an over the counter med. I don't think I'll want to take a vaccine that has been rushed through trials.

I'll be 57 this year. I have asthma, low thyroid and Rheumatoid Disease. I take immunosuppresents to lower my over powered immune system to keep it from destroying my joints & vital organs. I stayed home for over 6 weeks, and helped lower the curve. I'm not going to hide the rest of my life. I wear a mask when I have to, but I go out and do what I need to do. Will I catch covid? Eventually I probably will. Will I die from it? Only God knows. But I'm not living in fear.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The European Union has 110 million more people that the US
Screenshot_20200623-081435.png

How we doing?

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200623-092545.png
I wonder how many customers open that door, fall into the sidewalk, and continue on their bar crawl ...

digitS'

Latest posts