Discombobulated

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
it sounds very sad to me. :( poor creatures.
Countless of poor creatures are being culled, what a waste of lives. I only hope they have been tested first... It must be heart breaking for the people that raised them and now could potentially be financially ruined.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bird flu

Now we have critters kept for use in fur garments that may be hosts and transmit covid-19.

I suppose if humans can have parvo, they may transmit it to animals.

Steve
who knows that he is staying away from bats and doesn't care how wonderful their manure is for the garden!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bird flu

Now we have critters kept for use in fur garments that may be hosts and transmit covid-19.

I suppose if humans can have parvo, they may transmit it to animals.

Steve
who knows that he is staying away from bats and doesn't care how wonderful their manure is for the garden!
About your belfry....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thinking of changing my signature:

In the long run an opinion often borrows credit from the forbearance of its patrons. ~ Henry James

To:
Nie zu alt, um im Schmutz zu spielen

Maybe if I have "never too olde, to play in the dirt" in German - I won't be thinking of guano of any kind. Just being playful ...

:) Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thinking of changing my signature:

In the long run an opinion often borrows credit from the forbearance of its patrons. ~ Henry James

To:
Nie zu alt, um im Schmutz zu spielen

Maybe if I have "never too olde, to play in the dirt" in German - I won't be thinking of guano of any kind. Just being playful ...

:) Steve
HaHa be careful about foreign imagery! Your tattoo may not be what you thought! I have been fortunate enough to travel far from America and while in those far flung places I learned that clothing with words and logos upside down and misspelled were worn as status symbols by owners who did not know any better!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know German well enough to use it as a tattoo and wouldn't be surprised if someone corrects my use here, @Dirtmechanic ;).

The word "Schmutz" is probably not the common choice for "soil," as an example.

But, I just came across it and I like it 😀!

Steve
PS: maybe @thejenx can help me out here !

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
HaHa be careful about foreign imagery! Your tattoo may not be what you thought! I have been fortunate enough to travel far from America and while in those far flung places I learned that clothing with words and logos upside down and misspelled were worn as status symbols by owners who did not know any better!
There's a lot of truth to that, @Dirtmechanic . When I was in the Service, my ship visited Japan. There were a lot of anti-nuke protesters there in response to our visit, quite understandably I suppose ("We can neither confirm nor deny"...). There was no violence (the Japanese police were out in strength) but there were pranksters taking advantage of gullible Americans. Happy, smiling Japanese were handing out head bands with Japanese characters to passing Americans - who promptly put them on, and said 'look at me, I'm Japanese'.

What the headbands actually stated was "I am a communist". I doubt those kids had ever heard the phrase "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The king of Sweden has issued a rebuke of the current government LINK. He's with the general public on that - there is a record low of 34% confidence in the administration.

They relied on individual responsibility and very limited lockdowns. The effects of Covid-19 on Sweden has been very close to that experienced in the US and much worse than other Scandinavian countries.

The country is nowhere close to "herd," although that seemed to be a hopeful intention. Hospitals are overwhelmed in Stockholm and elsewhere.

Steve
Edit: New Deaths Comparison, Scripps Research in California

Sweden and the USA.png

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
just heard from the family out west that someone was being taken off the ventilator as they could not do anything else for them any longer. too far gone. :( this was someone infected by a visit from their daughter over TG holiday who didn't know she had it, that one visit got 7 people sick. their spouse is also ill but not in the hospital.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
just heard from the family out west that someone was being taken off the ventilator as they could not do anything else for them any longer. too far gone. :( this was someone infected by a visit from their daughter over TG holiday who didn't know she had it, that one visit got 7 people sick. their spouse is also ill but not in the hospital.

I am so sorry to hear that. I am worried about all the gatherings around here going on.

Latest posts