Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beyond the participants, I imagine that it is only the administrator/webmaster who would have access to PM's.

It would certainly be discombobulating to pay for a forum, do all the maintenance and enhancements to give it usefulness and appeal, and then ..

. have it used for illegal purposes. Not that eleswhere there isn't opportunity to do that. We watched the Ralph Breaks the Internet movie recently. It was recommended but, most of the time, I didn't have much idea of what was going on or why ;). Not sure if I would recommend it but it is something ;), really wild ... with a human element to it :).

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beyond the participants, I imagine that it is only the administrator/webmaster who would have access to PM's.

It would certainly be discombobulating to pay for a forum, do all the maintenance and enhancements to give it usefulness and appeal, and then ..

. have it used for illegal purposes. Not that eleswhere there isn't opportunity to do that. We watched the Ralph Breaks the Internet movie recently. It was recommended but, most of the time, I didn't have much idea of what was going on or why ;). Not sure if I would recommend it but it is something ;), really wild ... with a human element to it :).

Steve
Good afternoon Steve. :)

I'm at a loss, I really didn't understand this, wascit a movie you were referring to?

Yes, the mails should be monitored if foul play is suspected. Sad though because no one can have a private conversation anymore.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good afternoon Steve. :)

I'm at a loss, I really didn't understand this, wascit a movie you were referring to?

Yes, the mails should be monitored if foul play is suspected. Sad though because no one can have a private conversation anymore.

nothing you write on-line should be considered private IMO. while @Nifty has always seemed to be an upright person and the other staff people too, you have no 100% guarantee that someone else hasn't intruded or gotten access.

because of my past in computer science and also the university work security was always a high priority (couldn't have students changing grades after all :) ), but even then there was no sure bet. the only thing that really saved us a lot of bother was the fact that it was an obscure mainframe computer. once it was switched over to more exposure to the internet it was even more of a headache and i'm pretty sure i left at just the right time before it got even worse.

as for TEG and timeouts on editing you'd have to ask @Nifty, or @Support to change a post if the edit timeout window has expired. i guess using the report button would likely do the same thing.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nothing you write on-line should be considered private IMO. while @Nifty has always seemed to be an upright person and the other staff people too, you have no 100% guarantee that someone else hasn't intruded or gotten access.

because of my past in computer science and also the university work security was always a high priority (couldn't have students changing grades after all :) ), but even then there was no sure bet. the only thing that really saved us a lot of bother was the fact that it was an obscure mainframe computer. once it was switched over to more exposure to the internet it was even more of a headache and i'm pretty sure i left at just the right time before it got even worse.

as for TEG and timeouts on editing you'd have to ask @Nifty, or @Support to change a post if the edit timeout window has expired. i guess using the report button would likely do the same thing.
So how can I delete the smut I posted that I am deeply embarrassed about. With only the report option?
I don't want to bother nifty for something I should be permitted to delete myself.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ralph Breaks the Internet is an animated movie, @Marie2020 .

The scene bounces back to "reality" now and then, as some problem disrupts a connect to internet service. The main characters are trapped in the internet. Shucks, I have very little idea of what was going on. There was some illegality suggested. Mostly, just wild!

Somewhere, I have a photo of a statue. It represents a man listening to a radio. Olde Time radio and the guy is sitting, leaning forward ... listening.

I remember that from my childhood :). Dad sitting there. We all gathered around the radio. I had favorites ;). Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar, Suspense ... others. No television - No television station :hu.

Sure, I can operate a dial telephone. Can you imagine a Millennial having a dial telephone pushed towards them on a desk and expecting them to use it?!

The internet? That started, what, a couple of months ago? Email? E ? Forums? What, like the Greek forum we read about in the 5th grade?

Steve :D

Latest posts