Discombobulated

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm just a straight speaking honest old lady that always gives respect and try not to hurt anyone's feelings. I guess this sort of way is dying.
I guess I missed whatever happened, and probably just as well... but @Marie2020 , you have impressed me as someone who is nothing but courteous & respectful. Sadly, our cultural ability to conduct civil discourse seems to be disappearing. IMO social media, where people can attack others anonymously, has accelerated this trend. It enables & encourages the worst aspects of human nature.

It saddens me to see discord intruding even here. Minor disagreements aside, for the most part this site is my refuge from the insanity & divisiveness that has become so pervasive elsewhere. I hope the moderators keep it that way. Nothing is more upsetting than watching people I consider to be friends turning on each other. :(

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I was going to decide today if I should come back at all because as you have just said, people are losing all reason and respect in life, so like you this place WAS the only tiny bit if sanity away from this madness. @Zeedman .

This could not have come at me at a worse time...

After two of my distant family committing suicide, the last being last weekend, this is 2nd of many deaths in and around my life.
So I came in here yesterday sad and feeling very low only too encounter my thread being deleted. Apparently my crime, asking someone, (admittedly in a long winded way), too have respect when making a comment towards myself which I felt justified in doing, as I was ignored when I calmly tried too communicate with them, after their blow out!

Why hasn't this other person been warned about the rules? Then I would not have come back to defend myself

This year I've been verbally attacked countless times by people who are grieving, while my attempting to support them.

We will all have our story to tell with this pandemic this is just one of mine from yesterday... A local man who up until now, was one of sweetest kindest of people suddenly turned on me while I was coming home with my geriatric dog. Both if his dog's were off their leads then flew towards us, so to save an accident occurring and my boy being old and fragile I pushed my dog inside my neighbor's gate for his safety.

This large man reactions went of the scales as if I was going to attack him or his dog's. He started shouting while coming closer towards me then viscously threatened to kill us both. I was petrified, completely frozen in shock, he was never like this. So trying to gain my faculties I came in here for an escape, just for my own mental well being.

So where has the love and compassion gone with people today. When I came here I was thrilled to meet you all, some of you are just so lovely, it's a shame this sort cold inconsiderate attitude has crept upon humanity, even in here.

Last edited:

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Marie. Hugs to you. I've never seen one tiny bit of agitation from you, but have seen another pile it on. Keep being your smiling upbeat self for us. I clearly need it, as my anxiety and heart rate sometimes exceeds my ability to maintain my focus on that which is good and pleasant.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
sorry @Marie2020 for the bad experiences lately, i'm also sorry that you think that anyplace on-line is really a safe space. it would be nice to think there are some, but as long as people will be people i always consider it a good idea to have some guard up. i really don't know what happened and i think i have a thicker skin and may not have noticed it, or perhaps i was a part of it, i don't really know, but anyways. be safe and be well. :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , there is a lot of stress in many of our lives these days. There's always stress in somebody's life, there's just likely to be a higher percentage of us now having more of a struggle with circumstances 😕.

There are those who function on different standards than common. Some are absolutely committed to their way of acting and, might dare to suggest - thinking.

I want to relate something that I was told by someone that I know, somewhat. I think that if I knew her better that it would infuriate me that she had been treated this way. I trust that she related to me the truth of the incident and it makes me sad.

She had been asked on television what she thought of a political figure. She responded that she had a positive impression. Her mother died shortly after this and a distant family member who she hadn't seen in years, showed up at her mother's funeral. Afterwards, he felt it appropriate to tell her that her on-air comment was a disgrace for the family. Yes -- at•her•mother's•funeral!

This was 6 years ago. It wasn't during the most recent election nor several elections before that. It wasn't during the current pandemic.

Steve

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh Marie. Hugs to you. I've never seen one tiny bit of agitation from you, but have seen another pile it on. Keep being your smiling upbeat self for us. I clearly need it, as my anxiety and heart rate sometimes exceeds my ability to maintain my focus on that which is good and pleasant.
Hugs back at you ;)

I hope we can chat about your heart rate one day, I used to have a similar problem.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , there is a lot of stress in many of our lives these days. There's always stress in somebody's life, there's just likely to be a higher percentage of us now having more of a struggle with circumstances 😕.

There are those who function on different standards than common. Some are absolutely committed to their way of acting and, might dare to suggest - thinking.

I want to relate something that I was told by someone that I know, somewhat. I think that if I knew her better that it would infuriate me that she had been treated this way. I trust that she related to me the truth of the incident and it makes me sad.

She had been asked on television what she thought of a political figure. She responded that she had a positive impression. Her mother died shortly after this and a distant family member who she hadn't seen in years, showed up at her mother's funeral. Afterwards, he felt it appropriate to tell her that her on-air comment was a disgrace for the family. Yes -- at•her•mother's•funeral!

This was 6 years ago. It wasn't during the most recent election nor several elections before that. It wasn't during the current pandemic.

Steve
That's just sickening!

Some people lack empathy, or is it this a new species of human. :) it's sad people like that are able to be anywhere near other humans, they should be considered a danger.

I've moved on, that ignorant man never once replied to me anyway. I don't ever give too much time to people that behave like that.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
sorry @Marie2020 for the bad experiences lately, i'm also sorry that you think that anyplace on-line is really a safe space. it would be nice to think there are some, but as long as people will be people i always consider it a good idea to have some guard up. i really don't know what happened and i think i have a thicker skin and may not have noticed it, or perhaps i was a part of it, i don't really know, but anyways. be safe and be well. :hugs
There's no way I trust anything online.

I was writing to Steve in what should have been a PM, and I made a few errors. As I went back in too correct my mistakes a pop up appeared saying your "5 minutes is up". I wrote, why five minutes and the writing as well as my question disappears! So something or someone was snooping.

This also happened when I first joined up in here.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There's no way I trust anything online.

I was writing to Steve in what should have been a PM, and I made a few errors. As I went back in too correct my mistakes a pop up appeared saying your "5 minutes is up". I wrote, why five minutes and the writing as well as my question disappears! So something or someone was snooping.

This also happened when I first joined up in here.

e-mails aka PMs only have a five minute edit time out on them (after they are posted). i don't know why there is such a low limit. as i can make many mistakes too it's rather grr to me.

Latest posts