Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
an update on today's viral news in MI, numbers are as of reporting today 2/9/21 unless otherwise noted:

=====
Total Confirmed Cases
Total COVID-19 Deaths
Daily Confirmed Cases
Daily COVID-19 Deaths
60*

*The deaths announced today includes 31 deaths identified during a Vital Records review. See cumulative data page for more information.

=====

comments by me:

this is the 2nd day in a row of new cases below a 1000 for the first time in a long time, i don't know if this is a slow down in actual cases or just a blip in the data from being backed up or changed by the storms or something.

deaths are starting to moderate. still sad though. :(

hospitalisation numbers continue heading down and that is good news for everyone too.

=====
2/21,37533717486466,00014,6722.08%1,22029
2/31,35031416587167,40014,7042.00%1,20126
2/51,28430015582970,00014,7971.83%1,10612
2/81,19829416374156,10014,9052.14%96113
2/91,16229914971456,70014,9652.05%1,21513
=====

restaurants and bars opened up with some restrictions, so we'll see how that goes.

=====

as of 2/8/21

Vaccination numbers:

Doses Distributed: 2,022,350 (but the numbers are counted when shipped and not when recieved at the other end) but 493,350 are noted as transferred to the Federal Programs but i've not gotten into figuring out what that actually means.

Doses Given: (First Dose) 968,542 (Second) 370,587

=====

comments on vaccinations by me:

the math for percentages are pretty easy in MI since we are about 10 million people.

so first dose is about 9.69% and second dose is about 3.71 %

news on the spread of the new variants seems mixed, i'm hoping the recent efforts to knock the number of cases down has helped stomp the new variants out as well or at least made it harder for them to take off into yet another surge. going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

still no news for when i can get vaccinated, Mom still won't go, all her older friends are getting one or the other of the two vaccines (many have gotten their 2nd shot). have not seen any news about the other vaccines yet.

ok, here is recent news article:

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I was told a sad story, a lady who was on top of the cancer that riddled her body for years just suddenly passed away last week and written as the cause of death was covid. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I was told a sad story, a lady who was on top of the cancer that riddled her body for years just suddenly passed away last week and written as the cause of death was covid. :(

well, er, yes, that can actually happen. if she was ok for the past few months and then caught the virus and that did her in i'd consider that a valid case to be counted.

still all these reports/certificates are somewhat subjective to the various laws and officials involved. to really have an idea of what is going on you'd need to look into your regulations for your area and see what they have and what standards there might be.

i'm pretty sure the numbers are skewed but more likely the opposite from what a lot of random folks might think. so far in the USoA the numbers are pretty clearly showing to me that this is true in aggregate even if some isolated incidents of a wrong report are happening. i still don't think the official graphs are being adjusted at all for the decrease in flu cases (as just one example, i'm sure there can be others to consider too).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, then how bout this?

The Teapot Dome Scandal involved a plot of federal land in Wyoming that derives its unusual name from the fact that, if viewed from a certain angle, it appears to be shaped like a scandal. The government had placed a large amount of oil under this land for safekeeping, but in 1921 it was stolen. The mystery was solved later that same evening when an alert customs inspector noticed former Secretary of the Interior Albert Fall attempting to board an oceanliner with a suitcase containing 3.256 trillion barrels of petroleum products, which he claimed had been a "gift" from a "friend." At this point, President Harding, showing the kind of class that Richard Nixon can only dream about, died. ~ Dave Barry

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
well, er, yes, that can actually happen. if she was ok for the past few months and then caught the virus and that did her in i'd consider that a valid case to be counted.

still all these reports/certificates are somewhat subjective to the various laws and officials involved. to really have an idea of what is going on you'd need to look into your regulations for your area and see what they have and what standards there might be.

i'm pretty sure the numbers are skewed but more likely the opposite from what a lot of random folks might think. so far in the USoA the numbers are pretty clearly showing to me that this is true in aggregate even if some isolated incidents of a wrong report are happening. i still don't think the official graphs are being adjusted at all for the decrease in flu cases (as just one example, i'm sure there can be others to consider too).
She was showing no signs of cold or covid, she just relapsed, I think due to not being able to get treatment for her cancer, I will ask. But in the end the covid must of got her somehow as it is on her death certificate. Yet all were keeping away from other people. It's a mystery

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , I am so tired and frustrated by what is going on in this country - top to bottom.

I think of what was posted today by one person on your thread about animals went way beyond the pale. But, to an extent, it is every day and especially in the last 12 months.

I have been trying to write some encouraging words to a TEG member who has been around here nearly as long as I have and has posted next to nothing in recent months. Fortunately, she was okay with sharing some of reasons with me and what she shared had to do with loud opinionated posts. I am sorry, Marie.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , I am so tired and frustrated by what is going on in this country - top to bottom.

I think of what was posted today by one person on your thread about animals went way beyond the pale. But, to an extent, it is every day and especially in the last 12 months.

I have been trying to write some encouraging words to a TEG member who has been around here nearly as long as I have and has posted next to nothing in recent months. Fortunately, she was okay with sharing some of reasons with me and what she shared had to do with loud opinionated posts. I am sorry, Marie.

Steve
This thread has been discontinued as it was considered bad content. So people can be verbally growled at for no reason at all and if you say you do not appreciate having such comments. I may be in the wrong? I've asked for a reply into what I did exactly. Or maybe it was something else, I really don't know :idunno
It may have been the clip, but that wasn't bad surely.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
People who have had their vax has had swollen a swollen arm.my friend had her's and the nurse told her to do simple arm exercises, by lifting arms out and down, while seated, then standing and doing the same. Then doing this periodically through the evening. She didn't have any swelling but her husband did.

Latest posts